News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Vision spotting 2

Started by Squirrels, April 15, 2008, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squirrels

I found myself in Port Townsend this last Saturday.  Not on my Vision, sorry, but it was test riding time for my '84 GPZ750.  In my pass through the boat yard in town, I spotted an '83 Vision parked at one of the ramps to the docks.  I left whoever this may be a greeting note and took this picture:

I was pleased to spot a vision out there in the world, as it can be rare.

-Erik

PS:  Yes, that is a mirror from my Vision.  I have bar ends on the Vision now, and am 'borrowing' this mirror after i tossed the stock Kawasaki fairing.  Bar end mirrors for the Kawa are the next item of upgrade.  Most everything I'm doing to the Kawasaki I either learned from the Vision or am practicing on the Kawa for the Vision.
'82 Yamaha XZ550 Vision
'84 Kawasaki GPZ 750

Brian Moffet

You know, I would swear that was my Vision, including the saddle.  But I was no where near Port Townsend  :o  Of course, there are a couple of differences, I don't have the smoked fairing, I still have the Vision on the side covers, I have stainless brake lines...  But man, close...

Brian

Rick G

That's really neat to see PortTownsend! I lived  there in 1989 and have a friend  of 40 some years, who lives there (actually Chimacum ,but he had a business in PT.) He's an old wrench like me , i met him when he had just returned from his 2nd tour  in 'nam.  I rode up to see him , in April of '04 , from Salem OR. , in a drenching down pour . The cars looked like they had bow wakes! on I 5 . His  workshop is just off of 101  near Quilcene. Its a really scenic place to ride , just carry a  rain suit! ;D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike