News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

1 year celebration

Started by kiawrench, March 30, 2008, 09:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiawrench

i went to MUSC in Charleston on saturday,for my 1 year eval on the implants that were used to repair my neck in March of last year.  Results:

est. 100 percent recovery rate
  no sign of unit failure or longevity issues (ie:they arent corroding )
  the faint sounds i heard just after surgery are no longer present,or i just dont hear them now
and i can still get more than "normal "rotation ,due to the plate units .

my fingers are healed up, thank you stranded motorist , and i have the silver V back on the road ,like she never missed a day .

the only thing i didnt like was the new idea that i need a lighter helmet,or wear a cervical collar when riding, due to the plates. they think buffeting and strain of long ride may result in damage to muscles over time.  like i haven't already spent a month and a half just riding all over the southeastern US !

as for helmets, am looking at a few lighter ones
here is my list, comments please:
nexx X60      in faded black
roof boxer     in black
GPA  fighter pilot , repainted to white with graffix   open face
or my favorite so far -- draxtar P-104 , in matte silver   open face (now in second run production)

all of these helmets meet dot regs , and all but the one i ride with now meet the ECE 22-05 and TÃœV Rheinland specs.
comments and votes will be considered before purchase .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Night Vision

whatever you do, don't get the "Ass Hat"
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/ass-hat/nexx-x60-helmet-lets-you-wear-your-jeans-on-your-head-260137.php

the Roof is cool, as is the GPA.... what about HJC carbon fiber?

or one of these......

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

8) Congratulations my bionic brother ;D :D :D :D :D :D 8) Good to know that the implants are showing no sign of unit failure or longevity issues and the fingers are good again...teach ya to put them in a strange woman's trunk ::) :D :D :D :D :D All this and the Silver Vision is up and running.......Damn, its as good as life gets, eh!!!

8)........TIGER......... 8)           
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Brian Moffet

YellowJacket!

Hey Kia,  I'm applying to MUSC for their Physician Assistant program.  I may be there sometime toward the end of April, early may.  Won't have YJ with me though.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

h2olawyer

Been dealing with myriad issues the past few days.  That helmet would look fantastic with the white leathers!  Anyone got a spare Blaster?

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

I have a G-36 Airsoft rifle that looks pretty close.  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Brian Moffet