News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Aforementioned New Acquisition

Started by Aelwulf, April 02, 2008, 12:38:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aelwulf

As mentioned here's the new toy.  Not only did I manage to find (and afford) one a year after I originally wanted to get it but they found one still int he crate, had a whole 7.7 miles on it after assembly and dealer checkout.  Granted it has California emissions but according to them it doesn't affect performance any.  Guess we'll see on that one.

I definitely still plan to finish and ride the Vision as my canyon carver and the second to Kage's but this one's going to be my main daily rider (for now anyway), especially since the warranty on it covers everything except routine maintenance (tires, oil changes, etc) for the next six years.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Rick G

That Kwaker's exhaust system looks far better, than  the 30 gal. water heater Yamaha has strapped  on  to the side of theres.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Aelwulf

Yeah, I kinda like the looks of the Warrior except that frakkin' wannabe oversized sport bike can they have on the exhaust.  The exhaust on this sounds pretty decent for stock, the black parts are jsut black plastic covers for stainless pipes, will probably put powdercoated Roadburners on it down the road.  Heard those work well with it.  That'll be after the PC III and whatever intake mod I decide on as Kawasaki chokes these from the factory.  It's a smidge underpowered compared to other 1600 'power cruisers' however it's top of the class in braking and handling.  I doubt I'd be able to keep up with a Vision on curves but I shouldn't be too far behind either once I get used to it. :) There are replaceable metal blocks under the pegs, which are hinged, so they're made to be dragged.  These look good with 190-200 rear tires but think I'll stick with the stock 170s, least for now.

*thunk*
What was that?!

Night Vision

JOY!

be careful when you switch from the Vision back to the Meanie..... first thing you'll do is put your right shoe on a hot pipe  :(
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

YellowJacket!

OMG OMG OMG!  You got a Meanie!  Thats my graduation gift!  I have a pic of it on all my school laptops as motivation to work my A$$ off and finish my graduate degree.

I love that bike!

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Rick G

I have ridden with a local guy ( see nucken futs) who has a meanie  and he did  pretty good on Oatman road . He could out brake me , for sure . But then I don't use the brakes much in twisties, anyway. Good thing , the discs are from the old Vision racer and there warped , so you don't really want to use them much.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Aelwulf

N_V: Already nearly did that a couple of times on the black & chrome one they let me test ride before I signed the paperwork. lol Kept going to put my feet under me instead of in front.

YJ: Yep! :) Been great bike so far.  Just careful your accessory wishlist doesn't get out of hand like mine has (had before I even bought it 0.o ).

Rick: Yes it does definitely brake quick.  I've barely used mine yet, need to break 'em in a bit more (especially the rear one) but whenever I apply them decently the thing stops and stops fast. lol Hopefully I'll never have the need to use them fully because 1) it'll be a bad day riding possibly and 2) possibly 1 because I could end up going over the handlebars. *g*

*thunk*
What was that?!