News:

Main Menu

A ride down to Bullhead

Started by Rick G, April 03, 2008, 01:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick G

I needed to go to Bullhead city today to fix a friends AC, so I put the needed tools in my saddle bags and headed down to the river. It was really warm down there ( 73 here and 90 down there) I hit a nice Chinese Buffet and and had a look at the AC unit . At 3:30 I headed  back up the hill . It still amazes  me how this 25 year old 550 can run up the 12% grade,  running between 85 and 90  and not even raise a sweat. Its  not getting anywhere near full throttle , it was just cruising.
As I approached the Stockton Hill Rd off ramp, I pulled up behind two Canadians on bikes. A older Kawasaki Voyager  and a brand new yamaha , the V4 cruiser , what ever its called. They were looking for a pub and the one they were headed for  closed, almost a year ago, so I volunteered  to show them to the Dambar steak house , which also has a Saloon.  I gave them my cell number  and hopefully they will call, as their down at Bullhead  for a month. One had New Bruinswick plates and the other Alberta.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Coil Coyle

Rick,

Have you been to Oatman lately? Dodging mule dung, etc.

:D
Coil

inanecathode

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Rick G

Hi Coyle, I was down there about a week ago , with my daughter and her family, while they were here visiting. But we drove.
I rode down there about a month ago , with the nuken futs lady and her husband. I'm thinking about a ride this week end , I'll call around and see if anyone salutes the idea.   
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike