4.00 gas prices.

Started by Brian Moffet, April 18, 2008, 12:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Moffet

I'll let you know when, should be any day now (for 87 octane..)

Still getting 40 mpg city..

Brian

Walt_M.

4 bucks, and it is still somewhat of a bargain. Consider this, my truck weighs 5000 lbs and it contains approximately $80K of equipment I need for work. For $4 I can move that 18 miles from where it sets whenever I want to. I have in my lifetime paid $0.25 for a gallon of premium and gotten a free BC drinking glass with a fill-up.
When gas prices get too high for people to waste fuel driving around shopping mall parking lots looking for a space close to the store so they don't have to walk.
Sorry about that last part but I am starting my 3rd week here in Orlando and I am just p*ssed off!
Whale oil beef hooked!

Brian Moffet

I happen to agree.  The fewer people driving around alone in their Hummers, the safer I am on my Vision...

Brian

Night Vision

remember the '73 "oil embargo" when the price doubled into $0.50 range?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

motoracer8

I live in California, premium has gone beyond $4.00, reg now $3.75/$3.85, not far off. I have a friend that lives in London, gas there is almost $10.00 a gal, Thats $50.00 to fill the average motorcycle.

Ken G.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

YellowJacket!

Quote from: motoracer8 on April 18, 2008, 08:52:33 PM
I live in California, premium has gone beyond $4.00, reg now $3.75/$3.85, not far off. I have a friend that lives in London, gas there is almost $10.00 a gal, Thats $50.00 to fill the average motorcycle.

Ken G.

Boy, and I thought Exxon was screwing us.  BP is really putting it to their own.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Coil Coyle

Gas is not getting more expensive; money is becoming worth less.

$0.02
"No price increase in 58 years!"
;D
Coil

Night Vision

1 liter of gas is about a $1 here in the US

1 liter of beer is about $1.90

1 liter of bottled water at a gas station is what? $2? $3? (I don't buy much water)

1 liter of Scotch is $50 (high test)

I'm glad I don't run on Scotch  :D :D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Brian Moffet

Quote from: motoracer8 on April 18, 2008, 08:52:33 PM
I live in California

I'm going by San Francisco prices, where I now live.  My last fillup of 87 was at 3.96.  (I think that was Wednesday...)

Brian

Rick G

3.45 in Kingman AZ,  I just got the new tyre for my xl350 , thank goodness !  It only holds 2 gal after reserve.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

packman85

3.61 here in Oahu Hawaii
"Real men don't need full fairings, go naked or go home!!"

kwells

hey packman
is there anywhere to rent a bike out there?
I am coming there in sept for about 8 days and wanted to do some tooling around.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

packman85

When I checked online it was about 250-300 a day to rent a bike.  However I saw a bike outside a shop on the north shore in Haleewa Town that said "Rent Me 99$ Special"  Dont know if that was a day price or hour price, looked like a harley.  Im leaving tomarrow After noon, Back to Washington, and Its Snowing there, in the middle of April, Im so Pissed, I was hoping to have riding weather.
"Real men don't need full fairings, go naked or go home!!"

Brian Moffet

From Santa Cruz, CA  On the main street though town, Highway 1/Mission St.

YellowJacket!

I got my Aerostitch catalog today and it has a T-shirt in it that shows a gas pump holding the nozzle to itself like a gun with a splat coming out the other side.  I may get one.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

IAIN

$ 185.9  for 91 octane
$ 191.9  for 95 octane
$ 199.9  for 98 octane
$ 151.9  for diesel

As of the 18th April 2008,  these prices are per " LITRE ".

Iain
NZ

IAIN

should be

$ 1.85
$ 1.91
$ 1.99
$ 1.51

oop's put the decimal point in the wrong place.

Iain
NZ

Walt_M.

Yikes! But a misplaced decimal will do that. In the US, due to refinery capabilities and increasing demand, diesel is higher than gasoline. It has been over $4 per gallon for some time now while we are paying around $3.40 for 87.
Whale oil beef hooked!

vadasz1

What really amazes me is that when the nes are covering the rise of gas prices and comparing them to European prices , they fail to mention that here in North America (CANADA, USA ) our lowest grade of gasoline is 87 octane.  While in Europe, NZ, England and anywhere else the lowest grade is 91 octane.  So why don't we also have 91 octane as our lowest grade?

Ever wonder why cars,bikes make more horsepower across the pond?  Not just because of different emmissions but also because their lowest fuel rating is stronger than our lowest fuel rating.  If we had 91 octane as a cheap fuel than allour engines would run better and most likely longer.  The hell with additives in the fuel at the pump.  I think that the gasoline should be as close to raw form as possible and let the owner put a can of what ever additives/cleaners he wants into his fuel every fourth or fifth fillup.  I think the price should be cheaper because there wouldn't be the need to mix all those dtergents/additives/cleaners into each brand of fuel.

But hey, the price won't drop because every stockk investing monkey will put more money into oil stocks instead of investing in other stock that can help USA and Canada come back to being the juggernaughts they were.  Could be that it's just our time to get a good whipping ang have our eyes open to the way we were/are wasting our precious oil supplies.

BTW, I wonder if anybody has tried to findout if a motorcycle motor can be made to rum on diesel or propane?

I'll get off my soap box now............... ;D
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.