News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Gave Lucky #7 a little bonding time with her new owner.

Started by vadasz1, May 23, 2008, 04:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadasz1

It's 4:30  on a friday and I still have 2 hours to go before I go take my re-test tonight.  From 2PM till now I was riding her around the building at my work place to get a feel for the litle devil.  MAN CAN SHE BOOGIE!!!!

I put 21 Km on her just riding around the building and practicing quick stops and quick starts.  Once it was quiting time for the other companies around here I had quite an audience.  I had two little heart quickening incidents tho.  The first I felt the back end twitch on me as I inadvertantly ran over a little snady patch on the asphalt, but I corrected instinctively and continued on.  The second was when I was doing some acceleration runs and had to negotiate the right hand bend that is in the middle of the complex when I noticed that I wasn't looking where I should have been going (damned spectators  ;D) and actually came to a skidish stop just before a drive in ramp to the next building.  I'm telling you it got my heart pumping, but from what I learned at the Gearing Up course sure came in handy today, boy.  Now I put her to sleep for the weekend in the back of the shop.  I actually had to use the forklift with 8ft extensions and a couple of ratchet straps to lift her in thru the truck level door bay.  Then I noticed a slight leak coming from the petcock.  Probably is coming from the bottom hose connection or somewhere around there as it's not leaking around the valve stem. Good thing I bought another petcock off of e-bay awhile back, may have to put that in to see if it's good any ways.

Like I said in a previous post I have to see If I can afford to keep a bike and a car on the road together. If not then I will have to install the full fairing I got from Smokin Joe.

Well, I'm off to the collegs for the re-test.  I'll keep you guys posted later tonight on how I did.

I wonder if all you Visionaries combine your thoughts as in using ESP focused towards me, if that will give me more confidence?  Not that I don't have any, but any spiritual guidance that can be thrown at me tonight would greatly be appreciated. ::) ::)
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

vadasz1

DAMN SHIT MOTHERF!@##@$%^%^&*&*(#@#%&^)!@#%&

I PASSED THE RE-TEST ! ! !  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

h2olawyer

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

8).......CONGRATULATIONS & CELEBRATIONS....... 8)

8) Now lets see you get out and about on your Vision...and join me/us for a ride ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!