News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

hey carb guru's

Started by ps2/bikevision, April 22, 2008, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ps2/bikevision

i need some help with the carbs on my yz400. its a round float mikuni 2 stroke carb. got it finally to fire up and run but died when i let off the throttle. after several more kicks i got it to fire again and run but only while i was giving it a little throttle. i already have the idle knob turned in as far as it will let me. the air mix screw is 1.5 turns out. i was able to fire it 3 times and now my leg is too tired to get it to fire again. i dont have an air box for it so i know thats a bit of a problem. but any ideas how to get her to run without me having to give it throttle. i tried droping the jet one notch but that didnt seem to do any good either. maybe i went the wrong way. but it aleady seems to be running rich. you can really smell the gas when i had it running. it did seem to run ok as long as i was steady with the throttle. but i couldnt adjust the idle any higher.

Walt_M.

Sounds like a plugged pilot jet. Hate to say it but you've got to clean the carb but it is really easy compared to those nightmares on the Vision. There are literally millions of them out there and parts are readily available so get cleaning.
Whale oil beef hooked!