News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Bike Names and Why

Started by Chivo1944, April 24, 2008, 10:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chivo1944

i saw this post what back in the archives i would like to start  a new on looking for bike names and why since its bad luck to have a bike with no name

Name: "Hoss"
This is just a name i cam up with while looking at picture of the outraously large and powerfull "boss hoss" line of motorcycles and i saw alittle bit of that in my bike

it will also have a new model name but i will now be my 82 yamaha 550 vision rj nightrider
since it is going to be painted flat black
Ben

'82    Yamaha XZ550 RJ Vision

Night Vision

SmokeBomb was my first V. It's a 1982 xz550se (special edition)
DeckBike and StinkBomb became Project PoopDeck... later named RedSkunk.. That's a 1982 xz550rs
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

YellowJacket!

YellowJacket! (with the exclamation point for effect), or YJ was originally going to be red and black but while i was looking on line for paints to paint her with, I saw the "sunshine yellow" that I painted her for Version #1.  I got a shark fairing for it and while it was still painted dark gray primer, someone told me the bike looked like a yellow jacket.  The name stuck.  The fairing is now painted gloss black and I have a yellow and black riding jacket and , if you read some of the recent posts, I have a matching helmet with a hornet....I tell everyone its a yellow jacket, on the sides of it.
The name stuck and she has an attitude like a mad hornet...and buzzes like one as well.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

h2olawyer

Mine (in order of purchase) are named Silver V, partsbike & Tractor (painted John Deere Green).

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

Never named my first one (imo, luck, good or bad, is bullshit for the most part. sometimes things happen, but you can't 'make' luck) but i will on occasion refer to it as my tourer. i've added probably at leadt 100lbs of 'crap' (bags, tall fairing, etc, etc)

after riding Daves bike, & not being on a nearly naked bike in a long time, i forgot how much fun it is to snap them around (sorry 'bout the peg Dave...)  the second bike was bought to strip down, hence "Cafe Bike"

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rick G

Luck good or bad doesn't enter into it. At least I don't buy it. 
I've had 8 and 1/2 visions , some were parts bikes , some ended up that way , because you can only move so many bikes 1500 miles.
The first parts bike was named the Rat bike ,  a rodent had set up house keeping , under the gas tank  and had pooped and peed all over the place.
Next was the Red bike , because it was painted red!!
Then , the two bikes I got in trade for a  12 pack of Summit pale ale,  The gear box bike because , it was supposed to have a bad gear box and   The spare , in case something happend to #1  It is now named after my Mother, Kathleen. Then there was the Vision racer  and two others that were never named.
Nothing to do with luck, it was just so I could tell them apart.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

inanecathode

Blackula, cause... Its black? And green bike, because.... its green?
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

kwells

my 2 are:
Red Bike
and Blackie

Blackie is actually no longer Black and now dons star silver dress with the Euro striping
Red bike is in fact red
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

dj

My bikes:

Black "Beauty" - all black 82 V, needs some cosmetics.  hence the "beauty" part, sarcasm is hard to shown online.

Stubborn old B!tch - my blue 82 V.  way to many man hours and she still doesn't run

Maggie - 82 Magna 750 v45

Chicken sh!t - 83 CB900 (basket case of a bike) that is stored over in my in-laws barn and is currently a roosting spot for thier chickens.  Hoping to get this bike out of the barn soon.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

treedragon

"Wobbly Dog!!"   because it was when I first got it.

Now sorted but the name sort of stuck although it now sports an additional honorific to become "Project Wobbly Dog"

williamruck

I have yet to name my vision, but I am sure my wife is thinking of a few. She has named all of the cars I have owned to date, our current vehicles being named Olivia (her Oldsmobile) and Pete (my Honda Civic SI). We will just see what she comes up for my Vision, although I am not too sure I will like it. When I first brought the bike home she looks at and says, "Aww, that's cute." Now I am not sure if I want my motorcycle referred to as "cute" but I guess that's what I get for marrying a crazy person.  ;D

YellowJacket!

Hi call my home made navigation system in my car "Irene".  My wife gets a kick out of it.

David

Lucky

Quote from: williamruck on April 29, 2008, 11:54:35 AM
... but I guess that's what I get for marrying a crazy person.  ;D

A man was recently convicted & sentenced to SEVEN YEARS in prison for having sex with a schizophrenic woman.  apparently I've been a felon for a long time!

Rick G

I guess I'm a fellon too!!  Been married to a bi- polar  woman , for 22 years. :o
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

YellowJacket!

I had an affair with one!

:o :o

David

Lucky

nearly.. very importaint word there...

louthepou

Vision of the Apocalypse.

Name given to my bike by my mechanic back in 1987, since he never was happy to see me ride into the shop!  ;D
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Aelwulf

No name for mine yet, time will tell I guess. :)

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)