Main Menu

Final Exams

Started by YellowJacket!, April 20, 2008, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Well, I'm in the home stretch.  Did my on-line dissertation via Skype last week and ended up with an A in that class but this week is gonna be tough.  I have a laboratory final in honors micro II tomorrow, my last chapter exam due between the 23'rd and 25th and the class final between the 28th and 30th.  History is gonna be busy too with my short essay exam, long essay exam and comprehensive final essay exam all due before the 30th.  After that, I'll be done for about 3 weeks until the summer terms (dual terms) start which is the home stretch for me.  I'll have completed my BS in Cardiopulmonary Science in just over 1 year (and as of now...and hopefully after these exams, with a 4.0!)!!  I'll have one more class to take in fall term but its a requirement for PA school and not for my current degree.
Vicki and I are heading up to Roanoke VA from the 30th to May 3rd to check out a PA school up there and then I'll be making plans to go to another one in Charleston, SC (Kia, I'll let U know more about that when I solidify the plans....maybe we can get together).
Anyone here in the Roanoke area that wants to get together?  I should have some free time between interviews and will be scouting places to live.
Things are coming together good and it looks like YJ will be coming with me when I move.  ;D
Only one other school to check out and its near Nashville....kind of expensive but a good PA program nonetheless.
I'll probably be a little scarce on the site for the next week as I refresh some of my overworked brain cells.

Wish me luck Y'all!

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

kwells

busy busy
it'll be worth it for sure...

I gotta get going on my masters
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

joevacc

-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

YellowJacket!

Thanks guys.

Supposed to be in the mid 70's today....I may just need a study break.

David

Blake

Motorplow is right outside of roanoke, as am I (I'm in blacksburg).  I dont know what his plans are, but i'll be in northern virginia getting my tonsils out wednesday and wont be coming back until the 5th.  might want to send him a pm.  REAL nice roads going towards his house :)
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

YellowJacket!

woooohooooo!  Three down and one more to go!
Micro II (honors class) was a killer.  I had a 4.0 in the class and got an 80 on the final.  It was a beast of an exam.  The prof posts a link to class statistics and with 12 hours left, the class average is a 69 so I'm ahead of the curve.  I also did all the available extra credit stuff so I should be able to keep my A.
History (required elective) is going to be a bear.  The prof broke the final down into three separate exams over a 1 week period. Exam 1. was a short essay. had to write 8 2 - 3 paragraph essays from 20 possible choices.  Exam 2 was long essay.  He picked two from 8 possible choices and I had to pick one of the two to write on.  Had to be at least 1000 words.  I wrote 1785 words comparing and contrasting the Aztecs, Incas and early North American peoples. (total brainfryification)
I'm going to take part 3 of the history final tomorrow.  Its a long essay exam (he really likes essays doesn't he) that has to be a minimum of 2000 words!  I have 1 hour to prepare once I start and three hours to finish it!!

The ironic news is that about 5 mins after I finished my micro exam today my desktop BSOD'd (blue screened) and rebooted!!!  Vista is NOT supposed to BSOD.....especially during exams!  I'm going to finish my exams on my laptop until I get things sorted out with that.
Now to take a break from homework and go put my shiny new black peg holders on YJ!.

David

h2olawyer

After an exam load like that, I normally killed a few brain cells!

Personally, I prefer essays.  The ones in law school weren't too bad & many of the professors' old exams (with sample answers) were available to check out from the library.  Always nice to know what the prof is looking for in writing style.  However, in law school you get only one exam at the end of the semester as the entire basis for your grade.  At least you normally had a full day off between exams.  No cheat sheets, computers or anything else allowed (at least when I attended it was like that).  They set up a separate room for those who typed their exam answers.

Keep up the good work - we're all rooting for you!   ;D

H2O

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Coil Coyle

Quote from: YellowJacket! on April 29, 2008, 02:06:09 PM

History (required elective) is going to be a bear. 

David

David,
           Just stay with that vitamin D! It has obviously worked out for you!
8)
Coil

YellowJacket!

Quote from: coilXZcoyle on April 29, 2008, 05:30:25 PM
Quote from: YellowJacket! on April 29, 2008, 02:06:09 PM

History (required elective) is going to be a bear. 

David

David,
           Just stay with that vitamin D! It has obviously worked out for you!
8)
Coil

Yeah, but it was apparently the vitamin E that got me in trouble.....LOL

David

YellowJacket!

YEEEEHAAA!

Exams are done.  Going to Roanoke Virginia to check out a graduate school there.  May hook up with motorplow while we're up there.
Wish me luck and thanks for all the encouragement!

Edit: Profs are on the ball.  All grades posted today.
Cardiopulmonary Science - A
Microbiology II - A
World History - A
Wooohoo 3 more classes to go.  If I can pull A's in them as well, I'll graduate with honors!

David