News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

whos online that can help me fix my computer

Started by ps2/bikevision, April 29, 2008, 11:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

Quote from: Rick G on May 04, 2008, 12:01:09 AM
Why would I want to go to all the trouble to peck out a message  when I'm holding a phone in my hand , and can call the person and actually talk to them?

I think theres something in the water today i actually agree with rick on this :O
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

YellowJacket!

My computer repair experience paid off yesterday handsomly.
One of the medical offices I used to work at uses tablet PC's for their electronic medical records.  They have about 20 which I set up for them just before I left the parctice.  I went there yesterday to visit my wife (she still works there) and in the managers office (my old home) was a stack of tablet PC's.  Seizing the opportunity, I asked what was wrong with them ans she told me that they were all the broken ones and were out of warranty and too expensive to repair.
I took the concept of having a vision parts bike and applied it to having parts computers and combined the two.  I told her that I could probably combine some of them together and get al least a couple working.  She gave me five.  I told her tha tthe cost would be that I get to keep at least one if I could fix at least two from the parts.  A few hours later, I had three perfectly working tablet PC's for her, one for myself!  Had one left over for parts....looked like it was thrown against a wall or something because it had a badly shattered screen, case and unmountable (by any means) hard drive.
There really nice systems with a 14" pen touch screen, 1.2 GHz CPU, 512mb RAM (Of course mine now has 1gig), 60 gig hdd's, ABG WiFi and bluetooth.  What I like the most about it though is that it DOES NOT have an attached keyboard so I do all my work with the pen.  Its about the size of a legal pad and about as thick as three legal pads stacked on top of each other and weighs just inder 2 lbs, so it will be awesome for taking digital notes on in school.  I also kept the only 5 hour extended battery. ( D; )

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Aelwulf

Quote from: inanecathode on May 08, 2008, 07:52:01 AM
Quote from: Rick G on May 04, 2008, 12:01:09 AM
Why would I want to go to all the trouble to peck out a message  when I'm holding a phone in my hand , and can call the person and actually talk to them?

I think theres something in the water today i actually agree with rick on this :O

Never been much of a fan for phones, think I got it from my dad. :p Not a fan of texts either but least they're fairly quick and inconspicuous for the most part as well as less invasive to doing other things.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Rick G

Inane , there's hope for you yet!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike