Updated Site

Started by Sable, July 10, 2004, 05:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sable

Hey Y'all,

I had my "paint" site up for a while now, thank you for all of the feedback so far. Since my bike is almost done being painted... (still working on the custom graphics). I have decided to add some other things to the site to keep it a little bit interesting.
    Since my speedo has never worked on my bike and I am waiting around for the replacements to come in the mail, I decided to make my own gauge faces for them. What I have done was scanned in a speedo gauge and made my templet off of that, then made a mirrored image of it for the tach gauge. These pictures are very large (299 dpi), however, follow the directions for use with Microsoft Word and set the size at 100% and they come out awesome!
    Humber (thank you), I hope you don't mind, I used the pictures that you posted a while ago to make sure I got the spacing right for the speedo and tach numbers ;D
    Anyways, I have added the templets as well as the custom gauges that I am going to have on my bike to the site, and please feel free to copy the templets as you desire :)
    Here's the link:

http://home.comcast.net/~slapshot1342/GaugeTemplates.htm

~ Sable
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

kiawrench

sweet face blanks --- going to look ok with that graphics pkg

i just gave up on mine ,, have started saving up some change here and there,, going to a digital block set i saw on aerostitch.com
  just going to use the vision housing over the top of the digital set .(to keep numbers and crystals shaded )
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

harry_angel69

Super idea I am going to have to give that a try.  Are you using self-adhesive paper.
Don't tell me about your "gonna do" projects.  Just do it already.  I don't want any coulda, shoulda, woulda in my life.

Lucky

A couple of comments/suggestions

You might want to think about having Kinko's or whoever can do it (a printer) print these with a color laser because inkjet, in the sun, will fade out in a month.

if your planning to pull the needles off, expect them to break, or not be accurate. an option is to cut a slit up from the bottom going thru the odometers...

Very nice though, if you want to make me a set i'll buy them.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Sable

The original ones I made I printed out on decal paper however, like Lucky says, it will fade too soon. I have a friend of mine who owns a sign shop and I may be able to get these printed out on vinyl, but am not sure how that would come out. Also, Kinko's is a good idea, I think I would be able to get them done sooner...
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

harry_angel69

I get all of my color laser printing done at the local library.  They usually have all of the best goodies.  You should not have to remove the needles just cut your center hole and slide the needle through.  If you need it or can't find it, I think I have some 7x10 vinyl, self-adhesive laser printer paper.  Don't ask why I just have it.
Don't tell me about your "gonna do" projects.  Just do it already.  I don't want any coulda, shoulda, woulda in my life.