News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

What's the best way to ship a Rim/Tire?

Started by kwells, May 09, 2008, 10:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

I've ordered tires online a couple times now and they just band them together and drop them in the mail.
I'm thinking I need to box this up though. 

Any suggestions?
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Tiger

:) It is partly to help keep mailing costs down...a box with tire's in will measure more than the tire's when banded together!!! Just use cable tie's on them, shrink wrap and ship out...

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kwells

hmmm...will have to see if I can locate a shrink wrapper.

It is the whole rim/tire combo complete with the rotor.  you think shippers would take issue with that?
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Rick G

I picked up a discarded shipping carton, from a furniture store and cut it down into a suitable box.
The disc will need some protection anyway, they will bend if the wheel is dropped. Ask me! UPS tosses my stuff over the fence all the time ,if the gate is locked.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Lucky

Quote from: kwells on May 09, 2008, 11:17:23 PM
hmmm...will have to see if I can locate a shrink wrapper.
Ace hardware sells it or can order it. carton tape sized rolls, or 2' wide rolls
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black