News:

Main Menu

New Owner

Started by Shop Rat, May 15, 2008, 06:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kev10104

I am in Oshawa,Ontario.It does start pretty good and when I had the stator replaced the mechanic said the plugs were great.I will try anything and I have the manual but just don't have a clue what I am doing.

Rick G

Kev, I grew up in Niagara Falls and have family in Brockville. I've been through Oshawa, many times. Its a small world! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

kev10104

It definately is a small world.I have been to Niagara falls many times.Beautiful place.

Tiger

Quote from: kev10104 on September 29, 2008, 01:16:32 AM
I am in Oshawa,Ontario.It does start pretty good and when I had the stator replaced the mechanic said the plugs were great.I will try anything and I have the manual but just don't have a clue what I am doing.

:) Bring her up to my place in Erin and we'll do the plugs, wires, etc... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Rick G

I would recommend you take Tiger up on his offer , he will get it going in a hurry! ;D ;D ;D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Night Vision

the reason I mentioned plugs is: if the wrong spark plug is installed, it could cause hard starting.

If the plug is a resistor plug (ie DR8E ) and then combined with resitor caps.... that could lead to hard starting....

after it is started, your fuel/air ratio could be good, and your mechanic could see good plugs..

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

kev10104

I appreciate that Tiger and will do it whenever you are availlabe.

inanecathode

I vote cruddy carbs :)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Tiger

Quote from: kev10104 on September 29, 2008, 08:35:33 PM
I appreciate that Tiger and will do it whenever you are availlabe.

:) I have pm'd you my phone number, give me a call...

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!