News:

Main Menu

#8 in the house!!!

Started by Tiger, May 22, 2008, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) On Monday I took s3sriniv, from Waterloo, Ontario, up to Fiddlesticks in Orillia, Ontario, to pick up her Vision and deliver it to s3sriniv's place...That done, today, I delivered Robert's Vision (a.k.a. Vadasz1) ...Two more Vision's for the Fall Ride, eh!!

8) Today I picked up number eight from a Yamaha dealer's . (It was the one s3sriniv was going to buy but he got buggered around and bought Fiddlesticks instead). It is another Black '82 in fairly decent condition. Front brake is seized  ::) and also needs a CDI unit, (which I have), so the fun, once again, begins, eh!!!

Cathy will kill me when she finds out...Ah well, better to beg forgiveness, than ask permission!!!     

8).......TIGER....... 8)
;) I've asked Night_Vision if he would be kind enough to post picture's that I've sent him... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

acee125

Congratulations!! That's great! I almost bought another on monday for $50 but the guy sold out from under me >:(

h2olawyer

Tiger - you won't be finished until everyone in Canada is riding a V!   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

Quote from: h2olawyer on May 22, 2008, 06:13:39 PM
Tiger - you won't be finished until everyone in Canada is riding a V!   ;D

H2O

8) Well, its one way to get "The most Vision's in one place" record, eh!!!

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

YellowJacket!

Tigers "Vision": one XZ550 for every Canadian.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

vadasz1

Why don't we get Yamaha to help in that vision of supplying every Canadian with a Vision.  It would be a hoot to see what they could dream up as a modern Vision.  Since our Visions were ahead of their time back then, imagine how far advanced the next version of Visions could be if YAMAHA had the balls to do it again......... ;D
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Night Vision

for your viewing pleasure: is that shadow I detect? sunshine even?

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Kevin

It shows potential. Your one sick puppy.

Tiger

:) Initial "Look-see"...

:) The Good...12,506 Kl's = 7,816 Mile's, engine turns free, all the electrics (lights, indicators, horn, etc) seem O.K.

:o The Not-so-good...130 x 90 x 18 rear tire!!! battery is shot, both muffler's are patched up (pretty good actually!), T.C.I. unit is shot, front caliper is seized...

8).......TIGER....... 8)

supervision

A handsome speciman indeed!  what an un-used bike, you have their
" border="0

Rick G

Tiger , you seem to have very good luck in finding  Visions that are redemable. Of my 8.5  + an engine,  Only 2 were really  restorable . In the Pacific  Northwest , they all seem to have rusted bores on one cylinder .
I put togeather  my spare, by collecting all the best pieces and  and putting them on a frame,I had a title to.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Tiger

:) Thanks for the positive comments guys 8)

I have only had to use three of the eight as "Donor" bike's...#2/3/4...3 & 4 where to far gone to even consider restoration. In hindsite, #2 was restorable, but at the time I needed part's for #1 = "The Mistress".  #5 went to Lil'Blaster, who now also has an '83!!, #6 being my '83 "The Canadian", #7 or "Lucky #7 is now with vadasz1 and now #8, "The Fat Lady"...

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Walt_M.

Don't tell us it's over when The Fat Lady sings!
Whale oil beef hooked!

Tiger

Quote from: Walt_M. on May 23, 2008, 06:44:00 AM
Don't tell us it's over when The Fat Lady sings!

:D :D :D Nice one Walt...In a word...NO!!! I'm hoping to get her to clear her throat this weekend :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Dibble

Wow Tiger, where do you find them? I am looking for a parts bike, but have had no luck yet. You should have gave me a call when you were in Orillia. You probably drove right past my road, could've had a refreshment and picked up the fairing.

Tiger

:) Don'r worry Dibble, as Arnie said "I'll be back" your way soon ;D :D :D :D :D :D

I have advertised on KIJIJI around all of Ontario...(nearly all!!). Any part(s), donor or complete bike(s) that come up, I pass on to the members...That is how Lil'Blaster got his '83 that I found last year 8)

It really is worth advertising on the free website's... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Rick G

Does the 130 90 actually clear the swing arm?? ???
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Tiger

Quote from: Rick G on May 23, 2008, 06:47:57 PM
Does the 130 90 actually clear the swing arm?? ???

:) It does Rick...but not a lot to spare, as I'm sure you will appreciate... :o

Tiger

:) She's alive, she's alive... 8)

:) Curiosity got the better of me tonight and I changed the T.C.I./C.D.I. unit, hooked up a charged battery, put the petcock to prime for a minute, pulled on the "choke", give the "Go faster" a couple of twists and...WADAYUKNOW...SHE LIVES... ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

8) Now I'm happy... 8) I'm going to phone the shop that I got her from tomorrow and say listern...and fire her up!!! Sweeeeeeeeeet, eh!!!

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

:) Did a wee bit with her on Saturday...

Both rear lights were out, but not the brake lights  :-\ Replaced both bulbs with new 1157's... 8)

Headlight low beam was out, but not the high beam  :-\ Replaced with a new halogen bulb... 8)

Picked up new fuse holders on Saturday, in-line blade type with the fuse cover/cap on them. I'll be pulling the OEM fuse box and graft in the new ones to-day...

Checked the charging rate across the battery with a volt meter...."PING".... plus of sixteen volts!!! Guess I'll also be changing the R/R out to-day!!!

Princess Auto was having a sale on motorcycle cover's...black, 200 denier, water repellent nylon material...for only $15.55 for a large or $16.88 for an X-large!!! So I got one of each 8)

Looks like a beautifull riding day today...See you out there guy's... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)