News:

Main Menu

Newest Vision on the road!

Started by flanker, May 30, 2008, 08:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanker

Just got my V running, titled, and insured!! Runs great. One more vision on the roads of WI! Also I bought back a V that I sold to one of the guys I work with for $300. Nice score but the stator just went out on that bike. Yamaha wants like $425 for a new one, any other opptions?
----Mitch

h2olawyer

You have several sources for stators.  Rick's Motorsport Electrics, Electrosport, RM Stator & Tim Parrott are the most common.  Try an eBay search for Yamaha Vision stator.  You will find the ones from Tim Parrot (cheapest & in the normal auction list) and RM Stator (in the 'Buy It Now' section) there.  Otherwise, it's www.electrosport.com or www.ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/index.php?ch=stators.  I've tried them all & still get only 1000 miles per stator.  Price ranges from $70 + shipping for the Tim Parrott to about $150 for the Electrosport.

Good luck!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

don't let H2O's 1000m/stator scare you, that's not typical
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

Quite true.  If this one dies soon, I'll be doing the flywheel swap.  That's the last part I haven't changed.

Anyway, I find that all the stators I mentioned seem to have excellent output.  I am in no position to recommend one over another.

Another option is a Virago stator - used on eBay.  Several folks here run them & find they work well.  Perhaps one of them will chime in with the correct Virago years & model.

H2
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Rick G

Don't let H20 scare you!  I figure he's just not holding his mouth right. ;D ;D :D :D ;)
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike