News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Hoo-Ray!

Started by h2olawyer, June 02, 2008, 06:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2olawyer

Moving this from the "If I were a Terrorist" post.

The house I've been having problems with is no longer a problem.  The landlord evicted the idiots!!!  They started moving out Saturday night and continue leaving today.  They couldn't resist having one last blowout last night, though.  Booming bass from the stereo & loud voices in the front yard / street.  Plus cars nearly constantly coming & going between 2AM & 4:30AM.  Tried to call the police non-emergency crime # but couldn't get an answer.  That's being looked into for me, though.

Anyway, I've been in daily contact with an Administrative Lieutenant on the police force & he's been keeping me informed of every development.  He emailed me today that the landlord has been very cooperative and will be adding a disturbance clause to his lease.  I called off the city's investigation of the "more than three unrelated" ordinance violation as well.

Looks like I'll finally be getting some good, full nights sleep again soon.   ;D  I don't enjoy being the neighborhood curmudgeon, but things all around me were getting out of hand.  It was time to get some peace & quiet back in the area.

H2O

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Coil Coyle

Rob,
         I hope we still benefit from an occasional rant!

;D
Coil

h2olawyer

Oh yes, the occasional rant will still happen.  Not to worry - I'll still find the need to vent once in a while.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

8) Good for you H, I'm pleased for you and your family... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Rick G

As a lawyer once once said ," where there's a will , there's a way, to break it "  .
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

;D

Ah yes, trusts & estates humor (aka stiffs & their gifts)

Well, as of 5 minutes ago, the last of the main source of disturbance left.  No cars left parked in the area and the house is dark.  Too bad the house next door is having a party tonight.   ::)  At least they're fairly well mannered & all leave about the same time.  (even though that may be 3AM)  The group across the street - someone would leave for 10 or 15 minutes & come back.  Then someone else would go, two others would arrive, and nobody worried about making noise.  Loud talking, yelling, whooping, horns honking, booming car stereos, headlights flashing, etc.  This would go on from about midnight to 4 AM every single night.  I went over there at least a half dozen times to tell them the late night noise was unacceptable.  They would say "sorry", tone it down for a few minutes, then go full bore again.  I learned there were two fights in the street and one of those involved a stabbing.  All this began around May 1, so it was non-stop for a month.  I made only four calls to complain, but was told that the police had been to that house 8 times since May 1.  All I can say now is GOOD RIDDANCE!!

I was tempted to sit out in the front yard as they were moving out today & then smile & wave as they drove away.  Decided that might be too much, so I let it go.  They did try to get the last word in, though.  As the last ones were finishing vacating the house, they had the music up loud & cars kept coming & going every few minutes, also booming their stereos & ignoring the stop signs.  I just kept smiling as they really have nobody to blame but themselves.

H2O

inanecathode

Which reminds me of another lawyer joke..
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Lucky

Quote from: h2olawyer on June 03, 2008, 01:13:05 AM
The group across the street - someone would leave for 10 or 15 minutes & come back.  Then someone else would go, two others would arrive, and nobody worried about making noise.  Loud talking, yelling, whooping, horns honking, booming car stereos, headlights flashing, etc.  This would go on from about midnight to 4 AM every single night.  I went over there at least a half dozen times to tell them the late night noise was unacceptable.  They would say "sorry", tone it down for a few minutes, then go full bore again.  I learned there were two fights in the street and one of those involved a stabbing.  All this began around May 1, so it was non-stop for a month.  I made only four calls to complain, but was told that the police had been to that house 8 times since May 1. 
H2O

that's just no class...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

It was actually worse than what I've described here, but a combination of anger & decorum prevents me from writing about it all.  I'm just glad it's (almost) over.  There's a single car in the driveway now & the stereo is kind of loud but at least there isn't a party going on (yet).  However, this is about the time every night things would get rolling so I guess I'm not quite through with my all night vigils.

At least the landlord is trying to do the right thing.  They were supposed to be out of there yesterday.  Guess one or two had trouble finding someplace to move (if they even tried).

H2O

Lucky

I think i know where i can get my hands on a LAWS rocket..... :o

h2olawyer

8)  But, the landlord is an elderly man who likely uses the rental income to supplement any retirement money he has.  He's a nice guy & I wouldn't want him to be out any worse than he already is because of this crowd.

There are still some of them hanging around.  Stereo was just loud enough last night to be annoying, more feeling the bass than hearing it.  If it continues tonight, they will receive another "official" visit.  I let them have a couple nights as I figured each was their last.  That ends tonight.  If they want to drag their feet in defiance of their landlord, they can pay another $1000 fine.  Maybe they will learn something from the experience (but I doubt it).

H2O

Lucky

really i was thinking the car would make a better target than the house4.. kinda of a warning shot  ;D

h2olawyer

It would make for a better show!  The boom might be almost as loud as their car stereo!   :o

H2O

Lucky

it's not the boom, it's the shockwave!

http://www.youtube.com/v/HWEu8AEdUyA&hl=en

kiawrench

lol,, a standard load LAWS can make a decent wake up device!
when i was in kuwait (first try at moving Sadam ) we used them as warning shots ,so to speak .

fire one or two LAWS across a vehicles path, and the iraqi soldiers would just toss hands in the air and start a line up to surrender .
the shock wave from those things allows one to re-landscape almost any type of problem yard in seconds ,and when used in multiples, it can make for easy removal of unsightly autos, unwanted personnel, and even assist in the ending of tank engine noises and on one event i know of first hand, it can even convince a pilot to reschedule his outbound flight .

but, contrary to at least one rambo movie, you are not going to fire one from the pilot seat of a helicopter, it just would not be a good thing. (the person firing the thing would end up with more than 3rd degree burns, hell of a back blast .)

h2o-- if they dont clear the house soon, call over to a revivalist church, get a little prayer meeting ,complete with gospel choir and a few "repentant sinners" over ,set up on th efront lawn of house in question,,,,,, have them "assist " occupants in finding th eright path.  works like boron powder on a cockroach!  wont kill them, but they will sure find new place to hide .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

h2olawyer

I like the revivalist idea -- However, the Latter Day Saints Church that this house backs up to might have "issues" with that approach.

They are moving out, just taking their sweet time about it.  Last night, I heard lots of glass clinking, so I checked out what was going on.  A guy was moving trash bags full of beer / liquor bottles.  This morning, I counted 6 large trash bags full of them.  They also seem to need lots of help with their move.  At least 20 people were over there last night with the music a bit loud again.  Didn't call the authorities, but came very close.  I keep thinking that it's their last night, let them be.  That's happened Sunday night, Monday night & now Tuesday night.  I'll call if it happens again tonight.

With the LAWS rocket, would I have to call one of the window replacement outfits to fix my house after firing one of them off?  The house across the street is only about a hundred feet away.

H2O