Pics wanted of Euro Sport and Shark Paint Scheme

Started by kwells, June 04, 2008, 12:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

Anyone know what the Euro paint scheme is for the sport fairing.  I am trying to get it to match my Euro tank/plastics and wanted to get it close as possible.

I didn't see anything other than solid coloring on the gallery page.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

macroars

MacRoarS

You are right about me being wrong.
You are wrong about you being right.
                                     House MD

macroars

MacRoarS

You are right about me being wrong.
You are wrong about you being right.
                                     House MD

kwells

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

I don't believe the Vision Sport Fairing was available in Europe.  I may be mistaken, but I think the XZ550 was the naked version & the XZ550S had the full fairing.  Those were the only choices.  I haven't looked at the photos on the euro site in a long time, but I don't recall seeing one with that fairing on it.

Try some white racer's tape in various styles & see what works for you.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

inanecathode

Just put a big fat white stripe around that lower cowl part
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

kwells

yah...I checked the xz550.de site...no pics of what I was hoping for...so I think ur right
they only got the S version or naked

I have some white reflective tape that I have a few ideas on what to do...will do some black pin striping to outline it to match the OEM euro style as well. 

Can't wait til this one is on the road.  Am sending away for my IL state duplicate title so I can then transfer it to a CO title....ugh I can't stand the red tape bs

www.wellsmoto.com

Lucky

is it missing some trim around the t/s? looks like it with those two rectangular holes...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

kwells

Yah...there is a rubber fill-in that goes in that location.  That pic was taken right after some painting so they were still off.

www.wellsmoto.com

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

kwells

yah black
cant see it too well..but all I got for now

www.wellsmoto.com

YellowJacket!

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

kwells

So today Euro Blackie got some more lovin.  I decided to install a set of new fork seals as well as paint my forks to the desired level of BLACK.  I never even removed the forks to do the seals. Simply removed the dampen rod bolt and pulled the lower section off.  Also, turns out the PO had installed a set of progressive springs so BONUS. ;D

Got some other things buttoned up and sync'd it.  Need some daylight to get it all wrapped up.  I ordered some clear 3M clear bra material to protect the new paint.

Tomorrow I will install my newly painted 83 risers and upper triple tree. 

Will prob order up a pair of sintered pads and look into some SS lines too. 

www.wellsmoto.com

kwells

So far I'm thinking about something like this 

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

From what I can see, I like it.  Although, with the white stripe on the bike lower than the fairing, it would look fine without any stripe as well.  That said, the extra bling doesn't hurt at all.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Actually, going ack and forthe between the first and second pic, I kind of like your added white stripe on the second one.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Rick G

Thats a really spiffy paint scheme , too bad they didn't use it in North America.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike