News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

HELP PLEASE!!

Started by motoB, July 02, 2004, 08:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motoB

I have a 82 vision that I bought about three years ago. Well anyway it would only go 45 mph tops. Unless I was going down a big hill. Ha Ha!!! Can anyone give me a clue? The bike has been sitting now for a little over a year. I was going to sell, but changed my mind. Is there aftermarket carbs I can buy?
              thanks--- Bryan

Jon

Sounds like your main jet(s) are clogged. ?
I'd turn off the fuel, then remove the main jets that are located behind the 10mm hex bolt on the side of your carbs.
If that doesn't do the trick, you may need to take the carbs off and clean/dip them thoroughly.
Make sure you tank is not rutsy, and install an inline fuel filter to prevent future problems.

motoB

thanks!! I am also looking for parts. Any clues? ?left side cover that is under the seat. And a seat.

h2olawyer

The two best sources for parts are the swap section on this site and ebay.  If you have a local motorcycle wrecking yard, you might find some parts there as well.  As for aftermarket carbs, no.  There aren't any aftermarket ones that will easily fit.  These carbs will work great after you get them thoroughly clean, adjusted and synchronized.  (they may need rebuild kits)

Good luck getting her going again.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

nvdranger

just to be on the safe side, buy the keyster carb kits for $35 a piece (i think) and dip/clean the carbs (make sure to clean ALL passage ways - I had pull my carbs again b/c I missed the passagways the first time around).  yes its a little more work than just changing the main jets but this will rule out the carbs entirely, plus you would have new gaskets, jets, and springs all around.  
just my two cents.

Ken
'82 Vision project.  First Vision, First Bike.
Sometimes monkeys die, Sometimes monkeys die.  It not a good saying, but its a saying.

motoB

thanks everyone, I pulled my carbs off this morning. Going to get a rebuild kit, hope it works. I would like to finally get to ride my bike. (faster than 45 mph).

MotorPlow

You also might want to check the cylinder compression.  I had a Suzuki GS550 that would only do 45 mph.  Turned out it had bad compression in one of the 4 cylinders.  I parted the bike out and moved on.

Chris