News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Stupid People

Started by YellowJacket!, June 08, 2008, 04:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

OK, I have to rant...kinda like H2O did about his neighbors.  Been riding YJ to work for the last several days.  During the week, we have to park in a gravel lot about a mile and a half from work and get bussed in.  I hate it for more reasons than one but I live with it and at least someone is watching the lot.  On the weekends, things are a bit more lax and I usually park next to a bicycle rack closer to the hospital (um, about 20').  Its close to the smoking area but most people stay away and don't mess with it.
Anyway, today I get a call from the security office telling me that I have to move my bike.  I told them that I was with patients (true) and could not move it until I got off at 3.  They said OK but that I was not supposed to parrk there (I knew that).  A short while later, I ran into the security guard, who I also found out is a biker who told me the reason I had to move my bike.  He was doing his rounds and there were some people out at the smoking area with their kids.  The dumba$$'s put their kids on my bike while they were out there smoking.  I wonder what they would have done to me if I had broken into their car and sat in it and ate my lunch!?!?!  To me, its the same thing.  Anyway, the guard got the kids off the bike and warned the parents.  But, a short while later, guess what.  Their fat little redneck buts were right back up on it and he had to chase them away again.  I went out this time only to smell the sweet aroma of gas.  Little buggers must have twisted a half a tanks worth of gas into my carb throats.
Anyway, I got off at 3 and the guard was parked next to my bike which had attracted 3 more bikes (a old model harley with a huge puddle of oil under it (LOL) and two Honda Shadows.  Of course, he told me I was setting a bad example but then went on to ask about my bike.  He had just gotten a 1984 Maxim that he was going to restore and was interested in who did mine.  I told him "Me".  I declined the offer to help him restore his Maxim because I don't have any spare time any more.  The owners of the Shadows came out and the four of us talked bikes a while and then I  relieved my stress by taking the twisty back roads home.
Am I not wrong in thinking that someone sitting on my bike and playing with it is not the same as me getting into their car and sitting in it?  What if it fell over...or went forward (It was on the centerstand with the front forks locked and in gear.)  Little buggers would have probably sued the hospital and me!   ???  ???

<end rant>

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

dj

Stupid people f@cking piss me off!  Glad everything worked out okay.  Any scratches to the paint?
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

h2olawyer

Trespassing is trespassing - when someone is unvited and on your property (in this case, chattel, as opposed to real property) without permission, it is a crime.  Maybe not a severe one, but still a crime, nonetheless.  Prosecuting it would likely get you a stern "lighten up" from a judge, but that doesn't mean it's any less a violation of your stuff.

I wish more people were taught to respect other's property & things.  Even in a store, I generally don't like picking things up to examine them - it just makes me uncomfortable, knowing it does not belong to me (at least not yet).  About the only time I'm not uncomfortable doing that is when choosing produce at the grocery store or when choosing the right card

Basically, if it isn't yours, leave it alone!

Guess there's a reason they want you to park elsewhere - even though it may seem less safe or is more inconvenient.

In the end, I totally agree with you David.  People can be so rude.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

Dave, Have you considered a locking cover like my Nelson Rigg? best made cover i've ever run across.  plus it would help keep the dust off your bike in the gravel lot, & you'd come back to a dry bike if it rains during the day...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rick G

I attend CMA meetings once a month. At the last one looked out the window and saw and observed a woman ,talking to some one , while leaning on my WINDSHIELD!  I went out to correct her error . She's very lucky that several" words to show her my displeasure.She smarted off at me, so I asked her which car was hers and she pointed it out . I sauntered over to it and jumped up and sat on the hood . She went ballistic and I pointed out , whats good for the goose is good for the gander.  I advised her not to do it on any other bikes ,as some bikers aren't as gentle as I am. Some people are morons!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( rant off)
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

inanecathode

Quote from: Rick G on June 09, 2008, 03:48:10 AM
I attend CMA meetings once a month. At the last one looked out the window and saw and observed a woman ,talking to some one , while leaning on my WINDSHIELD!  I went out to correct her error . She's very lucky that several" words to show her my displeasure.She smarted off at me, so I asked her which car was hers and she pointed it out . I sauntered over to it and jumped up and sat on the hood . She went ballistic and I pointed out , whats good for the goose is good for the gander.  I advised her not to do it on any other bikes ,as some bikers aren't as gentle as I am. Some people are morons!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( rant off)

Once again, rick, you're my hero.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////