Hey Gang, WE HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED!!!!

Started by don_vanecek, June 24, 2008, 01:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don_vanecek

Many months ago I sent a copy of my narrative and pictures of our 25th anniversary get together in Colorado last June to the editor of the VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) and guess what, THEY JUST PUBLISHED IT in their June/July 2008 issue.  Now it is somewhat edited, but quite appropriate and they printed seven pictures!!!  I have no idea if the VJMC people sale their magazine at newsstands or if it is mailed to members only and I don't know how many members they have. 

Kwells, Ron McCoy and son along with myself, you are all in one of the pictures!

Hey Tiger, did you get your issue yet, what do you think???

I still can't believe this happened!  The final line in the article is this....More ROV  www.ridersofvision.net 

h2olawyer

That's fantastic, Don!  I know I congratulated you by PM earlier, but wanted to go public after you did.

I may join and request that issue when I do!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

8) Superb Don, superb... 8) I haven't received my issue, as yet. I think its a "members only" mag'.

8)........TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kwells

How would one obtain a copy of this magazine?

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Pretty sure you have to join VJMC -- $30 per year with multi-year discounts.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

yah 31.75 for one year with the paypal fees if you do it online.
Just joined.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

don_vanecek

When you join them you can then go into the members site on line and read all the back issues (about 2 1/2 years) of their magazine.  Some are more interesting then others.  Other then an ad for someone selling a Vision sometime in the last year, my article is the only one about a Vision. Tiger has some pictures in the members area (which I can't look at on the office computer, darn!)  As perhaps one of our slightly older members, I enjoy reading about some of these older bikes. The local Omaha chapter has some interesting bikes (I'm the only Vision of course), they had their first big group ride since I joined them about a week ago and darn I had to miss it!

joevacc

Hey you guys,

My neighbor called me over yesterday to say he had something to show me...  There he had a copy of VJMC's June/July '08 issue!

It was quite a delight to read the article you wrote Don, and see the pictures.  It is a lucky turn in life to start to get to meet some of the other Vision riders in North Ameica any way.

We will have to try to get us all together in the future!!!!!!  Imagine that!??!!?!
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

don_vanecek

Thanks Joe, I sure met a lot of nice Visionaries last year, sure wish they didn't live so far away! I have no idea of the circulation of the VJMC magazine, I think the Vision got some good press from it. (so I kid my children and family the other day, say do you know your dad is now a nationally published author?)

joevacc

you may be able to take that gloat out to INTERNATIONAL!
8)

-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller