News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

300 miles and a swim

Started by skipa82, July 03, 2008, 01:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipa82

Thanks to Vadasz1 and the purchase of his starter; LiLLy and I made our first trip over to the Ocean last week. She performed for the most part just as advertised. Nice Smooth ride, cornering and plenty of power when needed. Just a small amount of stumble every now and again yet very responsive to my wants and needs. Very eye catching to other riders; I almost got tired of saying " It's a 82 Yamaha Vision and yes its only a 550".

I am a very PROUD owner and I can't wait till I get to make another trip soon.

Thanks everyone for your help in getting one more great piece of machinery back on the road.
http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn340/skipa82/2008_0624Skipsbike0063.jpg[/img]
"What would life be without monsters and Visions" Lilly Munster 1970's tv show.

Tiger

8) Congratulations...great to know that your on the road at last, eh!!! Good looking "V" that you have there... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

skipa82

Thanks Tiger,

A little more to do and she will be as complete as I want her to be. As you know I just aquired another 82 that has a fairing and a few other thing that I have been dreaming about. As soon as I get those mounted
and dialed in She is done; till Winter when she goes for paint. Not reall sure of the colors yet. Until then I plan on getting the most use that I can out of her. To date since I have purchased her I have just over 1000 miles, and about $600.00 into her.

Thanks again for your advice and encouragement.
Skip
"What would life be without monsters and Visions" Lilly Munster 1970's tv show.

Lucky

Quote from: skipa82 on July 04, 2008, 08:18:52 PM

I have just over 1000 miles, and about $600.00 into her.

That's about 60 cents a a mile, lol
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

Congrats!  At least you have quite a bit of riding time before the season ends!

Nice looking V.  You should be proud.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.