News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

yellow wire r/r ?????

Started by [jh], July 03, 2008, 10:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[jh]

Does anyone know where the yellow wire coming off the r/r goes to? I'm going to be changing mine along with my stator and am curious what this wire is for. The yellow wire comes up with the brown red and black wires but does not come out of the plug ??? I was looking at my Haynes manual and it doesn't show a yellow wire, only a red and brown ???
wow!

QBS

Even the Greatest of All Vision Gurus' know not the purpose of the fabled Yellow Wire.  Many have speculated, but none know for sure.

Brian Moffet

Brian Moffet

Oh wait, you said the yellow wire?  What yellow wire?

supervision

here is what you could could do. decide if, say for instance,does that wire have continuity to ground, before the engine starts, and becomes not grounded as soon as the charging starts. this could be used for an idiot lite.  I am not using a yama reg , and never looked into it, when i was.  It might only become hot, as soon as output begains, like maybe to run head lite?  those are the two things i can think of.  be carefull, test with care.
" border="0

supervision

" border="0

Lucky

it's an output wire for switchng the lights on & off on some bikes.

it's an apendix on our bike...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Brian Moffet

Quote from: supervision on July 03, 2008, 11:36:43 PM
brian, what do you know?

Read my second post.  Sorry, just a small diversion for rather feeble humor...

Tiger

Quote from: Lucky on July 03, 2008, 11:43:22 PM
it's an apendix on our bike...

??? So, without it, your "V" will have an appendectomy scar :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)
...and like your appendix, its not required...Isolate the end so it cannot short out. Heat shrink, electrical tape, etc will do the trick... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

[jh]

wicked sweet , thanks a bunch guys...............especially Brian.
wow!