Need a manual!

Started by Dragonfly, July 09, 2008, 06:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

Just had what appears to be an '82 or '83 Vision given to me... REALLY rough shape, I was looking for a project anyway.  But I cannot seem to locate a manual for the bike.  Looked in libraries and on-line @ chapters and amazon, anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
"In victory, be humble. In defeat, be strong. In all things be fair."

Tiger

:) Hi and welcome to the ROV, your new and extended family... 8)

:) First, get in touch with "Lucky"...http://www.xz550.com He has a CD/DVD, (which he produces), it contains: Workshop and part's manuals, owners hand book, helpful hints and tips, original advertising brochure's, etc, etc...It will save you and your Vision a lot of heart ache... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kiawrench

welcome to th efamily,, the good majority of bikes with new owners in the last two to three years have been in "bad" to worse shape,,, but they are running ,and ridden often . you too can be an ROV. ask lucky for a cd,, read as much of the site as you can , buy a few tools and go for it .
any questions, just ask, need parts, just ask -- just cant deal with it , just ask,,, all vision problems can be solved right here, with just a little mechanical skill,, and i mean little ,, and some patience ..        and dont forget to tell us where you are, there may be a member nearby that can help .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Dragonfly

Hey, thanks for all the help and encouraging words.  I am new to biking, living in Greater Vancouver, BC, Canada.  I will definitely look up Lucky and get some details on the CD.  My wife is studying to be a mechanic so access to tools and mechanical know how shouldn't be too tough to find.  Just need to get the manuals and the parts and start stripping (the bike not my wife) and rebuilding... Certainly am glad I found this site and i can't wait until I actual am a ROV!
"In victory, be humble. In defeat, be strong. In all things be fair."