News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

first ever WAROV!

Started by tben, April 22, 2008, 02:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tben

Personally I think this would be great fun and its sounds like there plenty of enthusiasm. For our first time it sounds like a one day ride is preferred by most. Lets figure out a date and a location and then go from there.

Date: How does one of the last two Sundays in June sound? The 22nd or the 29th. That should be a good bet for decent weather.

Location: I am in the most NW corner of WA and I realize most of you live near Seattle or south of there. How does the Rainier ride sound or another ride close to Seattle? It seems like a good middle ground and a cool area to ride in.

In the interest of giving credit where credit is due this thread was first started by Packman85 at http://ridersofvision.net/forum/zindex.php?topic=8362.0

Here is the list of all who have shown interest:

Packman
Squirrels
pullshocks
gph
skipa82
coil
tben
oldbikefool
fiat-doctor
russellsea

-Ben
Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
-Joseph Addison

Coil Coyle

Ben,

I'll lurk and make it if I have the weekend free. I want to ride up that way to check out the coast this summer.

;)
Coil

tben

Sounds good Coil. That'd be quite a jaunt!
Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
-Joseph Addison

pullshocks

If anybody is up for a lot of miles we could meet in Enumclaw, ride east past Mt Rainier to Yakima, up the canyon highway to Ellensberg, over Bluet pass to route 2, and back west through leavenworth to Snohomish.  Tben and Packman could head north from there, others back south.  Too much?

tben

Pullshocks, I like that idea a lot. I've also heard that the Highway 20 to Highway 2 loop is a great ride. Highway 20 has a lot of curves and the Methow Valley is quite nice.

-Joseph Addison

pullshocks

Messing around with Google Maps, it looks like the loop I suggested above would be a mini Iron Butt -- well over 300 miles. Plus the miles getting to Enumclaw and the miles getting home.   

If that seems a little much for the group, we can do the loop around Mt Rainier and some other routes in that general area, keeping it closer to 200 miles.

If we decide on the big loop, The folks from the south might want to do it as an out and back, turning around in Ellensburg, and taking the other highway back from Yakima, over White Pass.  The northern contingent could continue over Bluet pass and back over Route 2, ending up a lot closer to home

skipa82

If evreyone decides that we were going to take a day ride in the Rainer area. I have the perfect meeting place for the kick off point. I work at High Cedars Golf Club in Orting. We have a Full Menu Resturant and open at 6:30 am, for Breakfast. Just something to add to the think tank.
Skip
"What would life be without monsters and Visions" Lilly Munster 1970's tv show.

skipa82

So fellas what did we decide? When Are we giong riding?

pullshocks

Want to go scout some routes? sort of a pre-WAROV?

I can not make it the weekend of 6/22.  29th should be ok

skipa82

Pullshocks, I am in for the ride scout. In fact I have been doing a lot of scouting lately on my own. PM me and lets set up a ride.
Skip.

skipa82

WaROVers,
Are we ever going to get together and ride. I know that Time is precious around here, But I think it is time to let our V's meet one another. ;D

Let me know what I need to do to help make this happen.
I am getting bored of riding alone and all these cruisers around here, they just want the long straight roads, cause they can't keep up in the twisties.

Example: Rode to Ocean Shores with a Honda, two Virago's, and a Sportster. Between Here (Orting) and Lacey I kept having to wait at the end of each stretch of twisty roads for them to catch up, then play hell with them on Hwy 8/ 101. cause they did not want to stick to the backroads as we had planned.

I am still waiting to ride up to Rainer and make the loop, these friends of mine are planning on doing that soon, which is fine and dandy if I want to wait for them at each turnout. I would rather ride with a few V's so that I can experence the thrill on the road without worring about how far "they" are behind me. :D ;D :-X

Lets do this folks. I've gotta
Skip

Kenny

Dang it you guys ,Do I have to come out their?!! ;D ;D
                      Cheers Ken S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92