"The Flyin' Banana"...

Started by Tiger, July 17, 2008, 07:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) I stayed over at Wolfs place, just outside of Sarnia, (Ontario, Canada), on Monday night....( Three day road trip, work!!). Thank you Wolf and Sheryl for your hospitality 8).

"The Flyin' Banana", Wolfs nicely restored '82, with a Wolf exhaust system, wasn't running right...it had a bad stumble at 4,000 rpm and wouldn't idle right!!!

On inspection a small split was found in a YIC's hose and the vacuum line for the flapper box wasn't blocked off. The air box cover that was on "The Flyin' Banana" was the early non-vac type which also had the complete flapper box removed...!!!...I had taken down an updated and working unit, so, with that installed and the YIK's hose replaced she started and ran waaaaaaay better. However, she still needs to be dialed in with a manometer to get her running spot on 8)

We also installed, on "The Flyin' Banana", his upper full fairing, "W" and main brackets, indicator wire extention pig tail, etc, etc. I also took down (and installed), a custom dashboard that I made, to finish off the install. At this point in time Wolf doesn't have a set of fairing lowers, however, the hunt goes on ;)

With the "Flyin Banana" sporting that real nice Yellow (with black strip down the fenders, gas tank and fairing), paint job, a two tone seat to match, semi-rigid saddle bags which are black with the Yamaha logo in yellow, gold '83 wheels, etc, etc, Wolf has a real eye catching ride to be proud of... 8)

It is another example of how a wee bit of time, effort and several $$$ can produce a really nice Vision to be proud of... 8)

Next time I'm down his way I'll take some pictures for you all to drool over... :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D ... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

YellowJacket!

And your next road trip it to Tennessee...right?  ;D  ;D  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Tiger

Quote from: YellowJacket! on July 17, 2008, 07:41:22 AM
And your next road trip it to Tennessee...right?  ;D  ;D  ;D

David

:) I'll ask my VP if Tennessee comes under my territory Dave... :D :D :D :D :D... ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

YellowJacket!

Free Room and Board.... He needs to expand your territory.  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Kevin