News:

Main Menu

Seattle Vision Sighting....

Started by fiat-doctor, July 23, 2008, 06:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiat-doctor

Tuesday am, 7:20 I'm driving my bus downtown on 4th ave and what do I see but a nice '82V coming down the hill towards the water on Columbia st.
I know it's not Pullshocks.... is it anyone else?  I almost considered giving chase, but going off route with a 60ft articulated bus is probably not a good plan and it's not likely to catch up with most bikes anyway :)
Steve

pullshocks

Hmmm.  I rode to work on Tuesday, came out of the express lane at Columbia, but turned immediately onto 5th going south.  Also, this would have been closer to 8:00.  To think I was so close in space and time to another V....cosmic, dude.

h2olawyer

Insert X Files theme here.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

vadasz1

Quote from: h2olawyer on July 24, 2008, 03:50:44 AM
Nice catch - I don't think I'd have done the beating, but being there with the pipe ready just in case . . .

Glad you managed to keep your bike.  Nobody ever claimed criminals were smart - except for maybe Thomas Crown (the Steve McQueen version).

H2O

What are you talking about h2o?  I think you posted in the wrong topic.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

67GTO

" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

vadasz1

I think h2o needs to get some more sleep. ;D ::)

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

h2olawyer

Post removed.  Wondered what happened to it when I checked back later.  Figured I'd somehow deleted it instead of posting it.  Had just ended a 9 hour wrestling match with mom's computer - I was tired!  I had answered an ROV PM in that session, and had two ROV windows open.  Read PS2s story on one & responded on the other.  Something just felt funny when I posted, but I couldn't figure out what it was at the time.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

vadasz1

See, I was right, you needed more sleep.  It's freat that you don't have to deal with those pesky neighbors anymore tho.

h2olawyer

That's for sure - it's going to take a while to get feeling like I'm getting enough sleep, though.  Starting to feel a bit better, but still not fully up to par.

There are still two people in the house, but they are cleaning it up - still.  It's been about a month since the rowdies left.  Guess they left the place in a real mess.  I've seen four pickup loads of stuff leave so far - probably headed to the dump (landfill).  They were out in front having a rather heated 'discussion' yesterday.  At least that stuff happens during normal daylight hours.

There is a Church of Jesus Christ LDS (Mormons) near me.  They stopped by to let me know they would be having a 40th anniversary celebration for that particular church building.  It's happening this Saturday & they wanted me to know they might get a little loud.  The party ends at 8PM.  The noise won't bother me - it's early, far enough away & it won't likely be that hippity-hop crap with the bass turned up to 11.  They also aren't apt to leave beer cans, liquor bottles & cigarette butts all over the place - like the idiots across the streed did.  It was very considerate of the church to notify and even invite the neighborhood.

H2O