News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

1977 Revisited

Started by Kevin, July 30, 2008, 09:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

I dug out a couple of old pics for you guys to see.

YellowJacket!

woaaahhh... FLASHBACK!

;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

h2olawyer

Looks like a herd of Water Buffalo - with the addition of the T-Bird (Cougar?) and early 70s Mustang.   ;D 

Cool pix!  Just in time to get my head back in the 70s for my 30th HS Class Reunion this weekend.   :D  Thanks!   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

joevacc

Dig that crazy helmet man.  That shite is coooooool. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

YellowJacket!

Looks like a 72 stang.  My friend had one with the 351 Cleveland motor in it.  Modded it with a new intake and two sets of quad Holley carbs.  All tha that volume left the motor via some very large headers into 4 Cherry Bombs.  He said you could figure out the RPM's by how fast the fuel guage moved.  :o  :o  :o   ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Shop Rat

Quote from: YellowJacket! on July 31, 2008, 09:57:33 AM
Looks like a 72 stang.  My friend had one with the 351 Cleveland motor in it.  Modded it with a new intake and two sets of quad Holley carbs.  All tha that volume left the motor via some very large headers into 4 Cherry Bombs.  He said you could figure out the RPM's by how fast the fuel guage moved.  :o  :o  :o   ;D

David

And it was 35 cent gas at that!  102 octane.
frankcalandra49@gmail.com
'82 XZ550
'83 CB1100F

h2olawyer

I lost interest in Mustangs after the 1970 model year.  They just kept getting bigger, fancier & heavier.  Knew it was the 71 - 73 vintage.  The later ones have a certain appeal today, but when I got my 69, I really just settled for it.  Wanted a 64.5 - 66 but couldn't find one in NW Colorado for sale with a V-8.  Today, I think my ideal 'stang would be a '70 Boss 302 (after any 65 - 68 Shelby Mustang, of course).

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

I've allways loved the 70 (?) fastback.  saw one once simply primered black...oooh!!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Kevin

The Mustang was a 73 with a 302. The gas pump picture I took in north east Montana. I was told the in the 60's they had gas stations called buffalo gas. I couldn't resist stopping and taking a picture.   

Shop Rat

Quote from: Kevin on July 31, 2008, 10:57:28 PM
The Mustang was a 73 with a 302. The gas pump picture I took in north east Montana. I was told the in the 60's they had gas stations called buffalo gas. I couldn't resist stopping and taking a picture.   

Is the other bike in the pic a GT550? 
'82 XZ550
'83 CB1100F

h2olawyer

Boy was I dense.  I knew what the bike was & saw the gas pump, but didn't even correlate the two until you mentioned the Buffalo Gas stations in your post.  D'oh!   :P

H2O

Kevin

The other bike is my dad's gt380. The GT stood for Grand Touring. It had a 6 speed gearbox & kick start only. It wasn't near as fast as a Yamaha rd, but is was a very smooth and pleasant bike to ride. 

Shop Rat

Quote from: Kevin on August 01, 2008, 06:56:31 AM
The other bike is my dad's gt380. The GT stood for Grand Touring. It had a 6 speed gearbox & kick start only. It wasn't near as fast as a Yamaha rd, but is was a very smooth and pleasant bike to ride. 

My brother had a couple GT380s, and would buy another if he could find a mint example. (He bought his new)

I rode them quite a bit myself and thought they were great bikes despite the small displacement.  Compared to the threes by Kawasaki, the Suzukis actually had a powerband. 

Frank
'82 XZ550
'83 CB1100F

inanecathode

Everyone knows the rd400 was the best out of all of em  ;) :D
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Rick G

With  the power band on all kwaker triples, its like the throttle  is  a toggle switch.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Shop Rat

Quote from: Rick G on August 05, 2008, 04:01:37 AM
With  the power band on all kwaker triples, its like the throttle  is  a toggle switch.

Add that on-off power delivery to a scary handling chassis, especially in the 750.  By comparison, the Suzuki triples had excellent road-manners, and the RDs were awesome.
'82 XZ550
'83 CB1100F

inanecathode

I thought suzukis had really really poor brakes?

Shop Rat

'82 XZ550
'83 CB1100F

inanecathode

Coil Coyle

Quote from: Lucky on July 31, 2008, 10:37:06 PM
I've allways loved the 70 (?) fastback.  saw one once simply primered black...oooh!!

Lucky,
          You should know that color is the fastest of all "Photon Black"
;D
Coil