News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

2008 OnROV Fall Ride...

Started by Tiger, July 31, 2008, 07:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Rick G

Tiger are you getting any residual weather from Ike?  How does the weekend look?
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Tiger

Quote from: Rick G on September 16, 2008, 02:10:17 AM
Tiger are you getting any residual weather from Ike?  How does the weekend look?

:) We had a wet weekend, nothing compared to our southern brothers and sisters!!! I didn't get "The Mistress" out at all. However, the long range forecast for the ride is good... 8)

Looking forward to meeting old and new friends at our humble abode, starting Friday afternoon, with the arrival of Night_Vision, JoeVac, Wolf and Canadian_Lou... 8) Party time...

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Dibble

Can't wait for Saturday!!!! Is there any room left at the Inn?? I was penciled in.....

"The Canadian" is in pieces as of lastnight for an emergency stator replacement. I found one good one out of the three other bikes in my shop. I thought I was chasing a carb gremlin, but after riding her to my place in the dark (headlight getting dimmer and dimmer) I knew what I was in for.

Hey Fiddlesticks, do you want to hook up for the early morning ride to Tiger's place on Saturday?????

joevacc

8) Long range weather report is good...

http://www1.sympatico.ca/cgi-bin/wx2004.pl?lng=en&stn=CAON0103

...Canadian_Lou has, no doubt, been talking to his "Boss" again... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)Weather Report Bump!
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Night Vision

that'll be nice for a change.... last three rides with Joe (my ride Sept. '07, Tiger's Oct. '07 and May '08) were rather moist   :'(
(actually, Oct. '07 was moist for Joe and Arthur from the get-go, got better once they met up with me.... I stayed dry on that one  ;D )

Americade June '08 was wet for me, Jason, and George... only because Joe was coming up later in the week and the rain couldn't wait for him   :D :D :D

Don't forget that I'm bringing two honorary members on this ride with me...

H2O and his Dad will be in attendance also...

they prolly don't want to get wet either!   ;)

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

h2olawyer

Quote from: Night Vision on September 16, 2008, 08:32:09 PM

As they say, the acorn don't fall too far from the tree.  Dad was no sugar cube, so if it gets a bit damp, we won't melt!   ;D

Wish I could be there in more than virtual reality!  One of these years . . .

Anyway, thanks again for letting us tag along this time.   8)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

Quote from: Dibble on September 16, 2008, 08:57:03 AM
...Is there any room left at the Inn?? I was penciled in.....

:) Late reservation accepted...but for one or two dibble's  ???  ;)  :D :D :D :D :D :D

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Tiger

...Don't forget that I'm bringing two honorary members on this ride with me...

:) We will also have RickG as an honorary attendee to... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Dibble

Quote from: Tiger on September 16, 2008, 10:18:54 PM
...Is there any room left at the Inn?? I was penciled in.....

:) Late reservation accepted...but for one or two dibble's  ???  ;)  :D :D :D :D :D :D

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Hopefully two dibble's.....

Cdnlouie

I am looking forward to riding in the sunshine for a change myself  :).  I spent 10 days on my summer tour out East to Nova Scotia and it rained 10 out of 10 days.  I expected my wife to hand me back her wedding ring, but she was a trooper, and now I know for certain she married me for love  ;D.  We got the "diving into rain suits" down to 1.5 minutes (she was a bit faster).

Unexpectedly, my Vision cooked it's first R/R last week  :'( and just as I noticed the smell of sulfuric acid wafting in the air (that's not the smell of car exhaust), my battery was 'well done'  :'(.  I had been monitoring my voltage due to some suspicion that it was not putting out enough voltage (intermittently), and then threw caution to the wind  :-X and did a couple of long day rides and sure enough it bit me in the a.....bdomen or something like that.

Anyway, today spare R/R is in and I will borrow Tiger's extra battery (thanks buddy) until I can pick up a good deal on one at WAlly Mart in Buffalo (our new favourite place to get Vision batteries).  And Tiger likes a reason to eat at Pete's.

Like NV, better now than just when you want to have some fun on a ride.  I consider these occasions 'convenient maintenance'  ;) because you don't get left standing on the side of the road.  In almost 8 years of Vision riding she has always brought me home (and certainly not discounting providential care during that time).

Looking forward to see you all at 12 volts and better  8),

CDL

...We will certainly enjoy the company of the three honorary members too! This will be a grand reunion for us all  :).

joevacc

that'll be nice for a change.... last three rides with Joe (my ride Sept. '07, Tiger's Oct. '07 and May '08) were rather moist   :'(
(actually, Oct. '07 was moist for Joe and Arthur from the get-go, got better once they met up with me.... I stayed dry on that one  ;D )

Americade June '08 was wet for me, Jason, and George... only because Joe was coming up later in the week and the rain couldn't wait for him   :D :D :D

Now come to think of it,  I am no stranger to riding in the rain, but I did get wet on your ride - and all the rides to Tigers... but I didn't get wet at Americade this year...  I got there the day after you left... didn't I...
I have never been to Tigers without you...  hmmmmmm.....  I did get pretty wet this summer on a trip to Canada with my friend... but since we were on our way to Canada I was thinking about you guys...   hmmmmmmmmm....  ;) ;) :D :D ;D ;D 8)

Here's to a few dry ones!!  But I am still bringing rain gear!

Now look at this pet
I bet you never saw a pet as wet as they let this wet pet get
Dr. Suess

-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Tiger

Quote from: joevacc on September 16, 2008, 01:38:45 PM
8) Long range weather report is good...

http://www1.sympatico.ca/cgi-bin/wx2004.pl?lng=en&stn=CAON0103 

8)...Weather Report Bump... 8)
8) Its all gearing up to be a GRRRRRRRRRREAT weekend... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

fiddlesticks

Hey Fiddlesticks, do you want to hook up for the early morning ride to Tiger's place on Saturday?????

Nuts. I would love to ride down with you Dibble, but unfortunatly I have to work Sat. morning , and won't be joining the ride until afternoon at some point. Not to mention I will be heading up from stinky Toronto and not our neck of the woods.

Oh and by the way it's actually a funnel we use here, and not a straw. hehe
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

ironb12s

I found out about this just a wee bit late.  I'd leave tomorrow morning to head up from MD, and see y'all tomorrow night.  Leave Sunday AM to head South.  Unfortunately, I have work planned for today and Saturday, and going out on a boat Sunday.  Next year then.   ;)

H2O, you and I might be able to head out there next year.  My route would go thru NE, IO, and to the SS Badger in WI.  Take the ferry across Lake Michigan, pickup there and head to the border crossing at Sarnia, a stone's throw from Tiger.  Mind, I might be on the Bandit rather than my Vision, and I don't know if you are a rider like I am.  The total trip one way is around 1625 miles, something that I could do in less than 32 hours, but I'd settle for 2 days instead.  It would require 8 fuel stops for the Bandit, not sure about the Vision.  Total cost of the trip should be around $400.   8)  Bypass most of the traffic on the way too.

SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."

wolf

Just got back from the Maritimes, had a grreatt time---but so many roads that would have MUCH better on the v. The Cabot Trail has to be one of the really great roads anywhere.
Anyway, it's finally bike time. The Yellow Peril, aka Flying Banana...is oiled, washed, packed and ready to RUMBLE and ROLLL, I'm ready to HHoweLLL----see you guys tomorrow, really looking forward to it Tiger! Be there mid afternoonish....wolf.

Tiger

Cdnlouie

I don't know if anyone is taking off Friday, but I am getting a head start on this great weekend by doing a Grand River ride from Brantford down to the Niagara Parkway and probably back the ridge road into Hamilton and finally up to Tiger's in Erin (sorry, just firmed it up today).  Leaving Breezy Corners (Tiger's Den) at about 9:15AM.  Meeting there for breakfast at 8:30.  If you're in the area 905-330-5721 and we can meet up.

This is great riding weather...top notch...you don't want to miss this weekend.

Cdl

Rick G

Hi CDL  , if you get the chance , snap a few pics, on the Niagara Parkway  , its my old stomping grounds.  The scenery is really great!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Cdnlouie

Will do Rick!  Of course we miss you, but never forget you  :).

Cdl