News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

2008 OnROV Fall Ride...

Started by Tiger, July 31, 2008, 07:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) Just spoke with Night_Vision on the phone and he and Joevac will soon be leaving Syracuse and are on track to meet up at the  "Breezy Corners Restaurant", which is located on Hwy 6 between Hwy 403 & Hwy 401 on the east side, for approx' 2 p.m. 

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

fiddlesticks

Woot! ;D Only one more  sleeps.
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

Tiger

8) Party has started...Night_Vision, Joevac & Wolf are here.

We have Swapped out the front forks, changed the '82 rear shock for an '83 and installed a modern blade fuse holder/fuse into the head light of Wolf's "Flyin' Banana".

Had a BBQ and several drinkypoos and now its time to see the "Sand Man"...hic...Good Night ALL 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

h2olawyer

Have a great time!  Looking forward to ride reports & photos!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Shop Rat

Quote from: Tiger on September 19, 2008, 11:17:38 PM
8) Party has started...Night_Vision, Joevac & Wolf are here.

We have Swapped out the front forks, changed the '82 rear shock for an '83 and installed a modern blade fuse holder/fuse into the head light of Wolf's "Flyin' Banana".

Had a BBQ and several drinkypoos and now its time to see the "Sand Man"...hic...Good Night ALL 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

My goal is to make it to your next Party and I'll get there on my own Vision.  I met up with NightVison and Joevac near Rochester and rode with them to lunch in Niagara Falls.  Following those 2 XZs, listening to the bikes' unique exhaust music, was incentive enough to get 'er done! Party on!

Frank
frankcalandra49@gmail.com
'82 XZ550
'83 CB1100F

Lead_Deficiency

Let me know where to meet up with you guys sunday morning ??? :P

Tiger

Quote from: Lead_Deficiency on September 20, 2008, 07:29:14 PM

Let me know where to meet up with you guys sunday morning ??? :P

:) 9 a.m. at my place and then head out to "The Breezy Corners Restaurant" on Hwy 6 for approx' 10 a.m. for brunch... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

Quote from: Shop Rat on September 20, 2008, 10:05:55 AM
My goal is to make it to your next Party... Frank

8) 2009 OnROV Spring Ride in May... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

:'( Well folks, that's it for another year... :-* A grrrrrrrrrreat weekend was had by all 8) I will let others tell you of their experience(s) but would like to thank ALL those who attended...

8) On Vision's...Night_Vision & JoeVac who rode up from New York State!! Wolf from Sarnia, the Dibble's (Steve and his dad Bob) from Oro, Art' (Lil'blaster) from Kitchener, Canadian_Lou from Mississauga, Lead_Deficiency from Schomberg AND Blurred_Vision from Ingersol.

8) The non-Vision riders...Fiddlesticks on her 750 Virago from Barrie, BigBarrie and his '76 GoldWing from Caledon, Wee Barre on his Magna from Belfountain, Mad Maxim on a '79 Suzuki GS550 from Mississauga, Gord on his 800 Kawi from Brampton.

We also had on the ride, in spirit: Rob (H2O) and his dad John as well as RickG... 8)

Including "The Mistress" we had TEN Visions and five non-Visions on the ride over the two days...(pictures to follow!!)

Thank you ALL for your generosity. The gifts were unexpected but very warmly accepted by Cathy and myself. You are, one and all, truly great people, thank you again... 8).

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Shop Rat

Quote from: Tiger on September 21, 2008, 12:56:59 AM

8).......TIGER....... 8)
I'm in!

FC
frankcalandra49@gmail.com
'82 XZ550
'83 CB1100F

Night Vision

as always, I had another superb ride with the OnRovers.... of course it wouldn't have been complete without the obligatory moisture, but Joe took it easy on me this time and we only had brrrrrrrizzzle  :P for about an hour after we crossed over.

Brrrrrrrrrrizzzzzzle is: when you go from a glorious 76 deg. day of riding with friends  8)

to riding through a 50 deg. cloud knowing the place you're going to has a work week waiting for you :P

I'd like to thank John and Cathy for being the ideal hosts as always.... but I think after all these rides, they are actually starting to like having the Two Yanks come up.... they even flew a little American Flag in our honor  :D :D :D 

I'd especially like to thank Tiger for distracting us today, and clouding our judgement with enough distillates the previous night, that we actually believed "today will be just like yesterday"   bloody cheeky of 'ya mate!  :D

pics of the bikes, folks, and special guests who took part, will follow as soon as all the pixels are gathered  
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

fiddlesticks

Thanks to Tiger and Cathy for your amazing hospitality.  I think we all had a wonderful ride, and it was great seeing everyone again. I'll be sending you my pictures, but I can't figure out how to get them on here. lol. By the way , the Virago says to tell you thanks for the mirrors. She feels very pretty now with all that shiny chrome.  ;)

1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

Dibble

Thanks soooo much Tiger and Cathy. You guys rock. Dibble Sr. and I had an amazing time, and are already looking forward to the spring ride!!! Wait till y'all see "Night Terror" next year, I picked up some great ideas during the ride...... Here are some of the PICS that Dibble Sr. took on Saturday.

joevacc

Wow!

These rides get better each time!

Tiger you and your wife are a class act and I will always have the greatest admiration for you both.

NV you and your wife have taken me into your home many times now and have always made me feel welcome and comfortable - with always a "stay any time" as I go...  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!

Great friends, great ride, great food, great drink... 

I can't think of any better way to go through life!  What else can I say?

Looking forward to the next one already.

P.S. A special shout out to Jack, Dexter and Wilbur!
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

wolf

Tiger & Cathy, It's been another superb ride weekend. Thank you both for your hospitality and friendship. So great to see all the visionaries again, and to ride,ride,ride...wolf.

Night Vision

Quote from: Dibble on September 22, 2008, 09:04:30 AM

>:( damit senior, I knew I should have gotten a pic of you almost dropping your V, along with the other wounded V  :P

;)  :D  ;D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

ironb12s

I just finished putting the date in my calendar for 2009...   ;)

Quote from: Tiger on September 21, 2008, 12:56:59 AM

8).......TIGER....... 8)
SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on September 22, 2008, 06:09:17 PM

"Bugger, you mean this isn't the Triumph meet"... :o

:o :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

joevacc

Quote from: Tiger on September 23, 2008, 02:51:54 PM

I love how this picture gets re posted again and again!  :o;D

Just doing my part   8)
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Brian Moffet

Quote from: joevacc on September 23, 2008, 03:04:13 PM
Quote from: Tiger on September 23, 2008, 02:51:54 PM

I love how this picture gets re posted again and again!  :o;D

Just doing my part   8)

"I'm in Canada?  How'd that happen?"