how hot was it?

Started by Lucky, August 01, 2008, 10:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

not really sure, but if found the small clock i had velcro'ed to the upper on Cafe on the ground when i came home from work.  the glue had turned to goo, lol.
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

kwells

sounds a bit warm

It was a mere 102 here in denver today...made for a good full gear day!
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

God it was like riding in a fuckin hair dryer today.
Absolutely ridiculous, surreal even, how hot it was going out to the parking lot. I was having that fuel issue quite a bit, even in reserve.
I didnt know you could vapor lock a vision.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

h2olawyer

It was 72(F) on top of Trail Ridge Road (12,000+ ft.)  I left Ft. Collins a bit before 10AM & it was already well into the 80s.  It's even in the mid 90s up here in Steamboat!

When Jim was racing his car in LaJunta a couple weeks ago, it got hot enough to melt the glue holding his wheel weights on.  He said his last race was pretty uncomfortable with all the shaking.  Ambient temps there on race day were around 100.  Have no idea how hot it was closer to the asphalt, but I'd expect at least 30 degrees warmer.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.