News:

Main Menu

Started by xswheels, August 03, 2008, 10:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xswheels

Hello Vision riders. I live in SW Ontario. I have been reading old posts for a couple of days to learn more about this oddball Yamaha. A lot of good stuff here. I am in the market for another vintage ride so maybe there is a Vision in my future. I currently ride a modern Wee Strom and a 1972 CL175 plus have an '76 XS360 on the bench as a long term winter project.

Tiger

:) Hi and welcome to our family... 8) Where are you located  ??? I'm in Erin, between Guelph and Orangeville Ontario ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

h2olawyer

That Great White North division just keeps on growing!  Welcome to the forum & hope you decide to become a true rider of Vision.  Not only is the bike an oddball, but so are most of us who own them!   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Them Canadians have lots of Vision......

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

kwells

Tiger is spreading the word
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Tiger

Quote from: h2olawyer on August 04, 2008, 02:22:45 PM
... but so are most of us who own them!   ;D

:o Hey, I resemble that remark ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

h2olawyer

Quote from: Tiger on August 04, 2008, 03:05:37 PM
Quote from: h2olawyer on August 04, 2008, 02:22:45 PM
... but so are most of us who own them!   ;D

:o Hey, I resemble that remark ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Wouldn't have said it had it not applied to myself as well.   :D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

xswheels

Quote from: Tiger on August 04, 2008, 08:56:14 AM
:) Hi and welcome to our family... 8) Where are you located  ??? I'm in Erin, between Guelph and Orangeville Ontario ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Hey Tiger you live in a nice riding area. I occasionally get to the Hockley Valley for some riding. I live on the Ontario Michigan border in Sarnia.  The roads around here are like a pool table, flat and boring.

vadasz1

Don't forget to order your 'ONTARIO CHAPTER' key tag...... ;D
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Tiger

Quote from: xswheels on August 04, 2008, 06:45:27 PM
Hey Tiger you live in a nice riding area. I occasionally get to the Hockley Valley for some riding. I live on the Ontario Michigan border in Sarnia.  The roads around here are like a pool table, flat and boring.

I/we rode around your area last summer at Wolf's weekend OnROV ride and had a great time. Wolf has two Vision's and lives in Watford. He's a great guy to get to know.

The OnROV fall ride in September is open to non-Vision riders, if your interested and don't own a Vision by then... ;)

8).......TIGER........ 8)

wolf

I think there are four curves, in total, in Lambton County.Welcome to the vision forum, xswheels---btw, seems to me there was someone in the Sarnia area that had a vision for sale just recently--maybe Tiger remembers. Drop me a pm, maybe come out and have a look at my v's--although the re-vision is leaking like a stuck pig, and the flying banana is suffering from electrical problems.--wolf.

xswheels

kev10104

I AM A NEW MEMBER ALSO AND JUST BOUGHT A 1983 VISION.wOULD'NT START PROPERLY AND AM BEING TOLD IT'S PROBABLY THE STATOR.tHIS IS MY FIRST BIKE SO i HOPE i GET TO RIDE IT SOON.i'M IN oSHAWA,oNTARIO.

macroars

Kev: Welcome.

The first thing I learnt when I bought my V was that this is a special bike. This denoting that a lot of 'know-a-lot-about-bikes-guys' often are wrong about their guesses. Luckily here are some folks at this site that both knows a lot about V's and know to share the knowledge.

Describe your start-problems, and I promise: you will get educated guesses that will help you forward.

Good luck!

MacRoarS

You are right about me being wrong.
You are wrong about you being right.
                                     House MD

vadasz1

QuoteI AM A NEW MEMBER ALSO AND JUST BOUGHT A 1983 VISION.wOULD'NT START PROPERLY AND AM BEING TOLD IT'S PROBABLY THE STATOR.tHIS IS MY FIRST BIKE SO i HOPE i GET TO RIDE IT SOON.i'M IN oSHAWA,oNTARIO.

Kev:

Good on you for getting a V.  There are about 20 of us in Ontario with about 95% of us in the GTA area and the surrounding hoods.  If you really want someone to give it agood look over for you, you should get in touch with our Visionmeister, Visionguru, Visiondalilama.  He also is known to us as Tiger.  He rsides in the hamlet of Erin just half hour north of Mississauga where I and Canadian Louie are from. 

BTW, who did you buy the '83 from and what colour is it?  Post some pics if you have them.  Don't forget that the '83 is special as it has a few parts that were made for just that year bike and not for the '82s.

Rider her hard and she should put a BIG smile on your face.

;D
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Tiger

Quote from: kev10104 on August 14, 2008, 05:06:25 AM
I AM A NEW MEMBER ALSO AND JUST BOUGHT A 1983 VISION.wOULD'NT START PROPERLY AND AM BEING TOLD IT'S PROBABLY THE STATOR.tHIS IS MY FIRST BIKE SO i HOPE i GET TO RIDE IT SOON.i'M IN oSHAWA,Ontario.

:) Hi Kev and welcome to the ROV family, the best place a Vision can bring a new/old owner too 8) We are all here to help you to get the very best out of your Vision.

Look on the bright side...It is not if but when a Vision stator dies, you got yours early ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

kev10104

I appreciate all the welcomes.a buddy from work works at victory motorcycle and is looking at it for me.It starts great with a fully charged battery but the battery drains after riding it and then I'm shit out of luck.The battery dies after about an hour of riding.

Tiger

Quote from: kev10104 on August 14, 2008, 10:32:09 PM
...a buddy from work works at victory motorcycle and is looking at it for me.

Ah, Victory Cycle in Brampton. They got my first Vision, "The Mistress", back on the road four years ago. Cleaned the gas tank/carb's out, full service, tune up, safety, etc...all for $700/$750.00. They did a great job but I have done all my own work ever since.

8).......TIGER....... 8)

kev10104

The Victory dealership is in Curtis.I just ordered the manual so I'm hoping to be able to do lots of future work myself.getting a little impatient though.I called them today and they have not even looked at my bike yet.

Tiger

Quote from: kev10104 on August 16, 2008, 12:23:47 AM
The Victory dealership is in Curtis.I just ordered the manual so I'm hoping to be able to do lots of future work myself.getting a little impatient though.I called them today and they have not even looked at my bike yet.

:) Oh, you mean a Victory dealer!!! Unless they have someone who knows there way around a Vision, you may wait a while :o...and still not have her fixed!!!

Lucky, here on the ROV, has a CD/DVD which contains: Workshop and parts manuals, owners hand book, helpfull tips and hints, OEM advertising brochures, etc, etc...It is a very worthwhile purchase for anyone, new or experienced with Vision's 8)

I'm quite happy to help you, were I can... ;)

8).......TIGER........ 8)