News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

A cool thing that President Reagan said..

Started by Coil Coyle, August 09, 2008, 07:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Quote from: inanecathode on September 19, 2008, 10:07:44 PM
Well. In my publicly educated little mind, it just seems to me everyone is spending beyond their means. The jones down the street with their brand new toyota, the micheals across the block with their brand new house, the investment banks with their unsecured lones, and the gov'ment with their <everything>. Is that accurate?

To repeat what H2O said, you hit the nail on the head - but with a sledgehammer.

My feelings are, and many of you probably feel the same, is that so many people have high credit card debt that they just don't care anymore.  I'm one of them.  I know tha tat my present income level, and the amount plus some extra that I'm paying on my credit card, my debt will not be paid in this lifetime. :o  It didn't help to have to pay for a a new AC unit last month and almost 1000.00 extra on my tuition or my stepsons 2500.00 tuition...all on the same credit card..in one month.
Thankfully, the ony thing that WILL bail me out, and I'm getting ready to do, is sell my house.  I'm lucky enough to have considerabe equity in it and live in an area that houses still sell in within 30 days.  So once that is said and done, the debts get paid and the rest goes into the bank to cover me when I'm back in school.  With the way the banks are lately though, makes me thing stuffing it in my mattress like people used to do a long time ago...and some still do, may be a safer alternative.
I'm still recovering from the drop in my 401k and probaly will for a long time.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

inanecathode

If you're going to stuff your mattress, do it without using dollars :o
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

YellowJacket!

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)