News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club National Rally, who's going?

Started by QBS, August 11, 2008, 03:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBS

The rally happens 9/3,4,5,6/08 in and around Heber Springs, Arkansas.  My wife and I will arrive during the afternoon of 9/2 and stay at the Greers Ferry Lake Dam Site Park, camp area H, campsite 21.  Not sure if the '83 will be there.

Don V, you still plan on showing?  If so, let's visit.

don_vanecek

Yes I am!!!!  Wow, two Visions there-that will be great (well, perhaps your Vision may or maynot be there)!  I will get there-oh most likely not until 6-7 PM on Thursday.  I will have my bike on a trailer with one of the other VJMC members here in the Omaha area and we are going to stay with the parent's of a different VJMC member in Heber Springs (no living expenses).  I will be there for all of the Friday and Saturday events.

Neat!!

Anyone else??

h2olawyer

I wish - sounds like fun.  Saving my pennies for a trip to Kingman to visit with Rick G & hopefully many of the CROV in mid to late September.

Have fun!  Should be lots of interesting bikes & people there.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Kevin

don_vanecek

Kevin, QBS and any others, it just so happens that the guy I will be riding down with is one of the VJMC board members, Hal Johnson (real nice guy-you will like him). So he finds things out before the rest of us.

As of this AM the VJMC web site has none of this info on it, Hal will contact the powers to be to perhaps put this info on the site and a schedule of events. Since I did not at first answer in the positive to a questionare that popped up at one time when going into the members only part of the VJMC site maybe this info wasn't sent to me.

Hal told us Sunday to send $45.00 payable to VJMC to cover a Friday night meal, some club expenses (such as awards), the Saturday night banquet and a T shirt (please indicate your size).  Send to Jim Townsend, 6331 S 300E, Warsaw, IN  46580. Perhaps after my call this morning more info will show on their web site in the near future.

Will look forward to meeting Kevin since I have two of his creations currently installed on my bike!  Lets see, we're all going to meet up at QBS's camp site Thursday night????? 

QBS

Kevin

don_vanecek

So, Kevin, do you have a Vision good enough to try for a trophy (or perhaps QBS's nice 83?)

My Vision may look fairly nice in pictures from a few feet away (see it in my Minneapolis post) but its a daily driver, not a show bike.

Kevin

NO, I'll be riding down on the bmw, the kids ride the v's. My wife is coming with me, we need the room and bags on the bmw.

don_vanecek

Well I will just have to try and shine mine up extra good!  Look forward to meeting all four of you (of course I have already meet Mr. and Mrs. QBS) , perhaps we can narrow some locations and times down abit more about a week before the event. I haven't looked yet today but I hope the VJMC site will perhaps give a schedule of some sort.  Of the Omaha group I belong to one of guys had an accident this summer so he thinks he will ride his late model triumph (I think its the same model triumph Zore hit bambi with last year)and the other guy's neat 750 Honda SS needs repairs so he will most likely bring his late model 650 Kaw single rode/dirt bike.  So that would make my 82 Vision the oldest bike, the other bike is a really cherry 1986 "double Vision" Venture.  I took some pictures of the Venture Sunday but they are still in my kids camera (since I forgot mine).

don_vanecek

QBS, Kevin, I will PM you guys with some details in a day or two.  I believe there was also a new member that hoped to be there, don't remember the name at this time.

Anyone else??

Kevin

Hey guys, this is not Kevin, this is Becky, the better half.  These friends of ours who are planning go with us are having Hurricane Gustav rain fits and think we will all drown in AR if we go.  What has anyone heard or think about this?  BTW we are not scared of wet camping, just so you know.   ;)  (Slippery roads are a concern, however.)

QBS

As of five minutes ago (5:20pm,CST), Houston TV indicates that AR will very little, if any rain.  Never the less, the QBS family has very reluctantly scratched plans to attend the VJMC rally in order to ensure the well being of the humble abode.  However, there is a silver lining.  Because we cancelled out, there is an almost 100% certainty that AR will have perfect weather.  We have sacrificed our joy for the joy of the greater good.  You can all thank us later.  Enjoy.

Kevin

Sorry to hear you're not going--hang in there with the house-keeping. Kevin will be bummed as he was looking forward to meeting you in person.  I'm sure you'll hear more from him later.  B

Kevin

It's official we have scrapped the old rice burner rally. Bummer. We are planning on going instead to Gatlinburg and Deals gap instead.

Lucky

If that's the case, you'll have to get together with Dave & I! I live 20 min from TOD...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

don_vanecek

My ride is now also debating backing out, we will see what develops!   

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Lucky on September 01, 2008, 11:28:30 PM
If that's the case, you'll have to get together with Dave & I! I live 20 min from TOD...

I'll second that.  Let me know the details and maybe we can get together.  I have to show you how good your backrest looks on YJ. ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

YellowJacket!

Forgot to mention.  Take a look at Townsend instead of Gatlinburg.  Its a few miles (on a very nice twisty road) from Gatlinburg and Sevierville and not as congested and crowded.  Close to Cades Cove and tends to be where more of the MC people stay.  Very nicle little place and an abundance of cabins and such to stay.  Still very close to all the stuff though to make it a worthwhile location.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

h2olawyer

Maps on the Weather Channel show Arkansas as wet all week - until Saturday.  They say Gustav looks like it is just going to sit there and gradually rain itself out.  Anyone still going might want to think about taking their snorkels!  Too bad the storm decided to come through there this week.   ::)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.