The custom vision

Started by chimera, August 16, 2008, 07:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

OK Tiger,
     This bike would look great in your fold -a few Tiger stripes &...
             Kenny in Grand Forks ND on the Red'n'White  Vision, all is well even found a lot of sunshine. I left on Saturday morning from Trenton and my 1st o/n was in Marquette Michigan.
              Gotta go and get the monkeybutt powder on the right spots.
                                 Cheers Ken S.   
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Brian Moffet

I really like the additional black, it really stands out and adds some nice contrast to the tank.  How much will you be asking for it?

chimera

I'm not really sure what it's worth. Visions seem to range a fare bit. Custom work doesn't typically add value. I was thinking of starting out at $2000 and going from there.
Every tool is a hammer, except screwdrivers, those are chisels.
                         <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v210/meatpopsicle/Bike/ ">-The other bike build-</A>

YellowJacket!

Chimera, your "Other Bike" is insane.....absolutely incredible work!  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

inanecathode

Its worth that price at least, i'll tell ya that much :D
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Lucky

I got offered $1600 the other day for Cafe' Vision (probably not going to take it, i'm having too much fun on it)  if i had the money, i'd ask at least $2500 -$3k for yours.  have you looked at Craigslist lately?  some of the crap they're getting (asking anyway) a grand for...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

zore

Tasty.  At first glance, I thought it was a buell.  I like the look.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

glennw

Half Mad Max

Rick G

If I had your gas tank and you had a feather up you butt, we would both be tickled pink. I hope one of our visionaries takes you up on the offer to use the moulds. I'd hate to See them get lost, to us!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

chimera

Haha,yes my other bike is insane. Although my next project will make it look very tame.
I still have some carb work to do. I balanced them with my Air flow meter (not easy), but the idle won't stay steady.
I think $2000 for A bike nobody's ever heard of, is the best I can ask. The tank molds will probably just go with the bike. I may end up selling it after I move to Seattle.
                         <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v210/meatpopsicle/Bike/ ">-The other bike build-</A>

Rick G

How about if several Visionaries get together and make an offer on the moulds? 
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

vadasz1

If the Visionaries interested in the mould, would make a donation to this site would that help in keeping it here?  Say $10 each member? ::)
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

82dasvision

I'd go for that!  Would that mean that we all could use it and pass it on?  Given the time, I'd be willing to lay up a few of them.

chimera

Keep in mind that I only have the top molds. I screwed up the bottom one when I removed it. I failed to remove the undercoat before I layed the glass down. That's not really a problem as the bottom side is the less important one, and doesn't have to look pretty. If you do a careful job trimming the tank halves, they should fit together tight enough to be bonded together. That would preclude the need to glass them together. Which would mean less finish time.

inanecathode

Necro-Bump this thread demands attention.

There's probably still a huge demand for that exhaust system, and the gas tank. Anyone know what happened to chimera, or the bike?
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.

funkamongus

I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

unitivegreybird

mega-necro bump.

any existing information on this exhaust? whatever happened to chimera and this bike?
1983 Yamaha Vision - Aesir
Everett, WA

pullshocks

did you try sending him a PM?  If he still has the same e-mail address, he would get a notice.

artbone

That really gives me some ideas for my IOM bike. I love the tank and seat. Also the tires. I was thinking of making some "cheeks" to add to the stock tank. Just bump them out of steel sheet and weld them on.

It's really a nice piece of work and I'm envious. Wonder would he be interested in a trade for my bike?

Art
Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

Lucky

Ive been told that our tanks are too thin to weld. (I don't weld)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black