News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

I didn't know that cell phones were microwave

Started by Coil Coyle, June 11, 2008, 09:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Moffet

Quote from: inanecathode on June 15, 2008, 12:25:09 PM
They did the video with video editing software, photoshop for movies. Its pretty easy to do popcorn, you just make it disappear and appear popped somewhere else, no movement, just cut and paste.

Oh, so you're going to go with the 3000 processor render farm, are you?  Actually, I thought I caught a glimpse of laser light, but hey.

Quote from: inanecathode on June 15, 2008, 12:25:09 PM
This is the part where someone comes on and tells me all about the angry electrons  :)

Electrons are not angry, they're just never satisfied with their orbit.

inanecathode

naw, not processor farm, i doubt it would take that much. probably a home computer a couple of hours to render :D
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Brian Moffet

Actually, for what you're talking about, pretty much real time (using a Macbook Pro and Final Cut Studio.)  I used to tell students how to do that type of stuff all the time. 

Brian

macroars

But let us not forget: It is an excellent idea that makes up the foundation for a cool vid!

Anyone up for doing cool VisionVidz?
MacRoarS

You are right about me being wrong.
You are wrong about you being right.
                                     House MD

YellowJacket!

I can fry eggs on my MACS...just ask Lucky.  Oops, soory, I meant to say legs.  Still, just ask lucky.  :o  :o  :o

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

nope those wre your chrome stockers i burnt my leg on.   hate chrome pipes....
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Walt_M.

I may be the last person to have found this out but the cellphone popcorn is a hoax. Check the snopes site and search cell phone popcorn. The first hoax said you could cook an egg. The popcorn video was fixed by dropping already popped corn on the table and editing out the unpopped kernels. Don't you just love people with too much time on their hands!
Whale oil beef hooked!

Aelwulf

Quote from: coilXZcoyle on June 12, 2008, 12:52:40 AM
Perhaps they used the secret military "Directed Energy Weapons" to pop it.

Meh, those aren't so secret.  Had a project mentioned in my unclass Weapons book a few years ago.  Probably still just a 'project' given the nature.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)