First summer ride... (it's about time...)

Started by louthepou, September 02, 2008, 03:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

louthepou

Hi everyone, just thought I'd drop a line to prove that news of my move to another galaxy are somewhat exaggerated :)

You all know that I am FROM another galaxy, but I have no intention on moving back there :D

Anywho, with my affordable "limited to 70 kph" license plate (the "go anywhere" license plate was too expensive for me this year), I didn't manage to ride a whole lot this summer. Finally used the Vision for a commute (with a drive back home that included getting lost on purpose to ride more!), this past weekend. I was a bit rusted, but not the Vision.

Ahh, it sure did feel good.

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Tiger

:) Good to know that your out and about 'Pou... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

h2olawyer

Wow - I can't believe a motorcycle license plate could be that expensive.  I pay about $15 per year for each of my Vs' registrations.   ;D  The loons in the Colorado legislature these days are raising all kinds of 'fees' claiming they are not tax increases.  They're targeting the motor vehicle registrations in the next session.  They want to make the minimum registration fee for any vehicle $75 - but say that older vehicles will be grandfathered in at their current rates - until they are traded or sold.  My pickup costs $65 a year for the registration.  I'll bet the 'older vehicle exemption' will last a few years, then they will claim there aren't enough of them around to warrant 'special treatment' any longer.

At least you are getting out for a ride now & then.   ;D

You mean you haven't been on that other galaxy all along?!?   ;)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.