News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

yard sale tales.

Started by ps2/bikevision, September 08, 2008, 11:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ps2/bikevision

we had a community yard sale this weekend. i got tired of people asking if my V was for sale so i put a sign up for $3000, just high enough no one. i then had to put  a sign up that said "DO NOT SIT UNLESS YOU PLAN TO BUY" after a guy picked his kid up and set him on the seat. i went over told him it wasent a carnival ride and to get him the f**k off >:( ::). he left and didnt look at anything in the sale. i was going to put up a sign that said i reserved the right to not serve stupid people but i let it go.

later i had a guy come up and ask if the bike ran. he said he always wanted an old BMW. if it ran he'd really be interested in it. then i told him that it was a yamaha and he wasent interested anymore ::).

had another guy looking at it. he really liked it. he even went home and got his wife. she said he could buy it but would have to get rid of one of his other toys. they talked for about 15min standing there infront of the bike. then he said he would have to work on his wife a bit and got my number and call me later. im not expecting to hear back from him. at least i hope not. i wasent trying to sell the V but for $3000 i think, id be building another bike for me and my brother. :D

all in all it was a pretty good sale. i didnt sell the big items that i wanted to. $35 for a table and 4 chairs, $20 for a couch, $25 for an entertainment center. on Sun. i even dropped everything 50% off. still didnt sell them. but i still made just over $400 over the weekend.

joevacc

kinda funny... I wanted a BMW very badly when I bought my bike.  Beemers were in the $4000.00 range then. No could do.  I left a deposit on a Honda night hawk and was trying to get the money for it.
My Father (and I am indebted to him forever) told me to check out this little mom and pop dealer on the way home from work - and there was a black Vision about 3 feet up on a pedestal! (coincidentally the dealer was called Pop's in Walden NY)
Done deal! called the honda dealer when I got home and begged my father to co-sign a loan for me.

I almost bought an r1150r last year but opted for the Guzzi instead... Guess I cannot ride what everyone else is riding for the rest of my life!  8)
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Brian Moffet

I'm telling you, people will pay some pretty top dollar if you happen to have the bike they want at the time they want it.  If I were to do that, I wouldn't even put a sign up for less than 8000.  If someone actually wanted it that bad, I would see it to them for that.

Brian

ps2/bikevision

Quote from: Brian Moffet on September 08, 2008, 01:31:13 PM
  If I were to do that, I wouldn't even put a sign up for less than 8000.  If someone actually wanted it that bad, I would see it to them for that.

Brian

yea but if someone offered me $3000 for my V i would of delivered it. then i would of pulled a frame from out back and started building one from scratch. id do every up grade and mod that would ever need to be done. and still have money left over. i figure it would cost me less than $1500 to build another one. only thing i dont have is a running engine, working tci, and new tires. ive got a tank but its rusted and dented with a bat but i could make it work if i  had too.

YellowJacket!

Yeah, I put a 6000.00 price tag on mine last month and could have sold it for 4500.00.  I still haven't heard the end of that one.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

inanecathode

I bought my first roadbike at a yard sale.
Someone had an xt250 that wasnt for sale sitting at the side of the garage.
I asked how much they were selling it for, she said they werent selling it because it needs a crankshaft.
I thought this was odd and asked how much they would take for it even if its broken, she said 50 bucks.
They thought it needed a crankshaft cause when you kicked it over it had this horrendous vibration and noise and no starting.

Turns out they had it in gear, and the drive sprocket was totally sharked over :)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////