News:

Main Menu

2009 Yamaha's

Started by Night Vision, September 08, 2008, 06:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Vision

besides the V-Max, nothing really new in the street bike line.... Ho-Hum  :P Yawn...
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Rick G

YIC  hasn't had anything I'd want to buy, in years,( assuming I had the money to buy one)  They really need a 750cc, water cooled ,8 valve double overhead cam, counter balanced, V twin, with shaft drive . It should be a sporty standard, with quick handling and great brakes too!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

joevacc

Quote from: Rick G on September 08, 2008, 08:41:35 PM
YIC  hasn't had anything I'd want to buy, in years,( assuming I had the money to buy one)  They really need a 750cc, water cooled ,8 valve double overhead cam, counter balanced, V twin, with shaft drive . It should be a sporty standard, with quick handling and great brakes too!

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER EH!!
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

joevacc

Then there is the MT-01

http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/products/motorcycles/mt-series/mt-01.jsp

But we ugly Americans have to do without!

I was just in Europe and saw one up close...  Looks great!  I would love to have one.
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

reardeac

long-time fan of the vmax and think the new one is awesome, but the price tag is crazy..... like the mt-01 in europe as well......would love to have either

Rick G

I'm sorry , but that thing doesn't do a thing for me. Its just as I said ,Yamaha hasn't got anything I'd buy and haven't for a long time.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Glyn

I've read that MT 1 is all torque and no go (there's a joke there somewhere). Too big, too top heavy, no shaft, air cooled (still trying to copy a Harley, why??), butt ugly. Apart from that it looks great. I bet hardly anyone will buy them.

Get out the old XZ moulds, fix all the bits that break once and for all and give it another 300cc but keep the same size/wheelbase. Now that would be a bike.

Kenny

They should take the new V-Max cut the engine in half  & here we have a starting point for the New Vision!  ;)
              Ken S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Aelwulf

I don't like the new R1, think it looks bug-eyed.  I still like the R6 though.  Right now if I didn't get the Triumph Daytona 675 it'd be a toss-up between the R6 and the redone GSX-R 600 (or maybe 750).  I think that new Star looks liek an attempt to miniaturize the new Raider.  The Raider's looks could grow on me, everything I've heard it sounds like an awesome bike.  I don't like the new smaller one.  The VMax is a VMax.  Not sure if I like it or not still, but least those kinda fugly bits on the side are functional now.  What I WOULD like is a 250 sport bike like Kawi has with their Ninja that looks as good as Yamaha's 125 small sport does overseas.  That would rock as a run-around/starter track bike. :)

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)