News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Just wanted to say Hi

Started by arthurdent510, September 09, 2008, 06:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arthurdent510

And introduce myself (not sure how many people saw the thread in the swap shop).  My name is Dave and I'm currently down in Phoenix, Arizona.  Originally from Metro Detroit, I've been down in the Valley for just over a year now.  Probably a bit younger then most of the crowd here, as I was born the same year as my bike ;)  Anyhow, I just picked up an '82 Vision that needs a bit of work, but between a buddy of mine (who has an '84 fj1100) and myself we're hoping to get it running before too long.  I'm picking up the bike Saturday morning, so we'll see what we can do with it...  it turns over, just isn't catching.  A few things caught our eye, so we'll see what happens, I'm sure I'll be asking everyone on here for some help soon.  I'll be sure to post pictures and video when we finally get it running!

Night Vision

gaah! another Dave

welcome anyway  ;)

that's the black sport faired one with the "corbin" seat right?

you need to find out how far Rick G is from you
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

arthurdent510

I think Rick is northern Arizona...  I know Flagstaff is about 2 1/2 hours north of me...  maybe in the spring sometime I'll have to get up that way...

Rick G

I'm in Kingman about 175 miles north east of you. Go up 95 through Wickenberg . Its a nice ride through some  beautiful canyon country .
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Night Vision on September 09, 2008, 07:54:39 PM
gaah! another Dave

Ahhhh.. Maybe we ought to start a group called the "DaveROV".  ;D

Welcome to the ROV Family!

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

h2olawyer

All these Daves must be the results from the infinite improbability drive!   ;)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

We are the "Beloved" members of ROV.  ;D

David

arthurdent510

h2olawyer

Don't Panic!  ;D

Sometimes, you may feel you need a babelfish to understand what we're talking about around here.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

ps2/bikevision

welcome. your not the only one thats the same age as the bike. i was born the last day of 81 so im right there with ya. and i dont blame ya for leaving michigan. i left 2 years ago from the kalamazoo area. dont wory with the help of this board you'll get her running. if the starter turns but isent catching then it sounds like the starter clutch.

arthurdent510

Well, it's turning the motor over... it's just not firing.  So we'll see....  I'm from Metro Detroit, northwest of the city by about 30 miles.  My wife is from Dearborn, it's kinda sad to see how bad things are getting up there...

YellowJacket!

My brother in law just took a job in (I think its called) Kankakee.  He was supposed to live in Dearborn as he works for the railraod but chose Kankakee instead.  Was a little too much for a good 'ol southern boy.  ;D

David