webber carb conversion

Started by arfa vmax, September 11, 2008, 12:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arfa vmax

has anyone seen this conversion before,is it the one mentioned in the forum from new zealand  www.pickteam.info

h2olawyer

Yes, that is the weber conversion discussed elsewhere in the ROV forums.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Glyn

That's my work.

It's not too pretty but works well.

I've now replaced the steel manifold with an alloy one, made up from a an old Austin Mini downdraft carb
manifold.

arfa vmax

nice one.did you have much trouble with jetting?what size are the chokes my dellorto is a twin 36.i see you have kept the fuel pump did you ry it without?  thanks ian

Glyn

Full details of the carb jetting/venturi's etc can be found in a post started by Macroars, dated 01 July 2008, Titled "Flapper Door".  If you back out of this forum and do a search on Weber you'll pick it up.
I've never gone back to the stock carb (have a few 82 carbs in the shed), nor will I. Still running the XZ fuel pump mounted on a separate bracket. Also still using a YICS, my own one made from box steel. The one off manufacture of the alloy manifold was the hardest thing of all! Still using the rubber inlet stubs etc to ensure no leaks and to minimise fuel frothing etc. Although this was never an issue even when the old steel manifold was directly bolted to the motor.

Glyn

Arfa vmax - I saw on another post you were going to put a Delorto carb on your bike? Are you going to put a down draft or side draft on, or twin carbs? I've just put 2 Mikuni VM roundslides on a CX 500 to good effect. It's harder to mount non downdraft carbs onto the Vision however due to the spce issues under the tank and between the Vee.  I think 2 VMax carbs would also be an excellent choice.  I was going to use these but couldn't get any for reasonable $$. Good luck anyway.