Just checking in...

Started by ironb12s, September 14, 2008, 06:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ironb12s

Been out in the world for a spell, on hiatus from this and all of the other moto-related boards.  How is everybody?

I did skulk for a bit before posting this.   Good to see that all of the old hands are still here, and progress is being made on many projects.  My project is still 1800 miles away, and rivals some projects at hand.  It is still a rolling chassis with the motor in it, but all of the plastic is off and stripped for new paint, languishing in a large cardboard box.

I may return to CO on a new job shortly, and really looking forward tom getting back there.  The heat and humidity of the MidAtlantic states has gotten old, in a big way.

I finally got my GSF1200S back on the road after taking it down for the 60K mile maintenance, and replacement of nearly all of the plastic after my Dad backed over it with his F-150.  She has more than 63K on her now, not much riding since I got her back on the road, and only one long trip up to Staten Island on Labor Day from Southern MD.  Replaced tires before turning her loose, got back to the Avons again, with positive results.  Also have a new chain and sprockets to put on, old ones weren't quite done when I last checked.  Yeh, I know, Visionaries have no such worry, nor do Intruderites, of which I am both, just not on the road at present.

I trust this finds all well, and I will be back in touch once I get settled somewhere.  Any gatherings planned in the near future?
SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."