News:

Main Menu

The 1983 fairing mirror

Started by Leather, September 17, 2008, 09:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leather

Since I have been answering questions about the 83' fairing I have for sale it suddenly occurs to me that some of you may not know this small piece of part trivia I stumbled on years ago.

The 83' fairing mirror used on the Vision was also used on the 1983 XJ650 Seca.

The Yamaha Part# is:   16G-26290-10

Here is a current add for one on ebay for $35 that is BRAND NEW ?!? :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4597830616&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us

Since that link will die soon.... here are some pictures of that bike  (... like THIS doesn't look familiar !!) :

I often wondered if the fairing for that bike could be mounted to thee Vision.  I bet !

If you need/want an '83 mirror its easier to find one for this bike.  Look accordingly.

Cheers,  Leather

Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way.

h2olawyer

Yamaha used to show the mirrors for the Seca Turbo as available.  I even bought a set then (a couple years ago).  Since then, I have noticed they are now listed as unavailable (from Yamaha).  At least that's true for one side (can't remember which).  However, it is worth searching the eBay Seca Turbo listings for a used set.  They turn up there much more frequently than in the Vision listings.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

bmac68

I think it would also be pretty cool to graft the front turn signals onto the Vision fairings.  Nice clean look to them.  Anyone ever tried it?

Cdnlouie

I love that bike.  Best looking bike in the era!  It was very cool to ride.  Just like a 750, unfortunately, it was cheaper to make a 750.  The "kick-you-in-the-pants" acceleration :o (literally, as it jacked itself up on the shaft drive) made you feel that the bike was ready to go.

Cheers

Lead_Deficiency

i had one of those after yamaha came out with the hop up kit for it, changed the wastegate from 9lb to 14lb.
the 1st time the turbo kicked in i hit the kill switch as fast as i could, scared the crap out of me but what a rush! ;D

Coil Coyle

Thanks for the tip, Leather

;)
Coil