...So, after the dust settled !!!

Started by Tiger, September 22, 2008, 09:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) So, after the dust settled from this years fall ride, I decided to.......put an '83 front end on "The Mistress"  :o ::)

I've had the '83 forks serviced, ready and waiting for several weeks, along with all the parts, except the S.S. brake lines...which have taken over two months to get here!!!  :o Thanks N_V 8)

It took me a couple of hours to strip out and install all the required components e.g. Front forks, twin brake rotors, twin brake calipers, '83 master cylinder, Stainless Steel brake lines, etc... and about another hour to get her to bleed off completely :P

I still have to test ride her...but first I need my beauty sleep ;)... after such a great weekend  8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Tiger

:) After such a great weekend with the OnROV crew, I've been really busy at work and still hadn't test rode "The Mistress". I pencilled in the past weekend to check her out.
However, while moving loaded nut/bolt bins at one of my customers on Friday, I ripped the muscles in my lower back!!! Stupid, stupid, bloody stupid!!!
I spent most of the weekend on my back and due to the severe pain, I can't get my socks and shoes on & have missed a couple of days work...something I don't need ::) sigh!!! I'm shuffling around as if I was wearing a full diaper!!!

Sooooo, hopefully, I should be able to take her out by this Friday/Saturday ::)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

YellowJacket!

Tiger,

That really stinks that you hurt your back.  I know you were really anxioust to get the new front end on The Mistress and houw frustrated you must feel to be laid up in bed.  I hope you heal quickly and fully!  ;D ;D

All The Best!

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Tiger

:) Thanks David.

Your right it is sooooo frustrating...I can't work, ride my "V", etc. Aaaaaaaaaaah bugger!!!

However, Cathy being a nurse, between pills/lotions and potions, the pain factor isn't as bad, thankfully!!

>:(.......TIGER....... :(

joevacc

-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

GT @ oh.

h2olawyer

Get well ASAP Tiger!  At least you get some 'pampering' for a little while.   :D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Rick G

Rest a bit and gradually increase the load on it , been there , done that! 
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

kwells

yes,
and soon you'll look like this...
with less shine

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Aelwulf

Talk about Mutant X.  I'm sure he can lift a car but how can he move? :P Atleast they don't have to worry about finding veins if he gives blood.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Rick G

Is he real or a CGI,  uglyest thing I've ever seen!! :o :o :o :o :o :o
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

kwells

ARRRGHHH

that's me before I quit the roids.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

YellowJacket!

Quote from: kwells on September 30, 2008, 05:03:23 PM
ARRRGHHH

that's me before I quit the roids.

LOL, thats me on the juice!

David

Cdnlouie

H...mmm that explains why it has been so quiet around here  :(  you gotta lift smart, that's for sure. Try not looking so cool next time, use a dolly.

I am really sorry to hear about that too :( , but it should be fun when you get the old girl out  ;D.  You are fast running out of things to do... again!

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Lucky

Feel better soon Tiger!!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Tiger

:-[ Gee, I never realised how well loved I am  :o :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Thanks everyone, I feel better already 8)

Actually, I do feel a lot less pain...not sure if its the Robax Platinum, Deep Heat or the scotch :o ::)... ;)

8)......TIGER....... 8)

Rick G

That muscle man looks like there's a tyre valve somewhere on him and hes over inflated! ??? ??? ??? :o :o :o
Rick G

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Rick G on September 30, 2008, 08:17:43 PM
That muscle man looks like there's a tyre valve somewhere on him and hes over inflated! ??? ??? ??? :o :o :o

Like this?

;D

a little laugh to cheer you up tiger!

David

YellowJacket!

Hey Brian....have you photoshopped Lucky's head on his new body yet?  wink wink

David