News:

Main Menu

New parts bike!

Started by tt315, September 27, 2008, 03:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tt315

I am getting a new 82 parts bike today that has been garage kept its whole life and hasn't ran since 1990 do to the stator dying.  I don't know what i am going to do w/ it but for 50 dollars I couldn't say no.  I will post pictures later, when it gets delivered at 4.  Thanks for listening. I feel like its christmas

Night Vision

wow, $50 delivered! don't forget to tip the driver  :)

it's 4:42   where's the pics?  :D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

tt315

I got distracted w/ my toy.  I decided that it took up too much space in my borrowed garage so i started taking it apart and tagging everything. I wish it could of stayed in one piece.    It was last registered in 88  - Six years of life on the road and then the rest sitting in a garage.  The tank is rusted on the inside and has a nice dent. The muffler looks oka. Overall I am real happy with my purchase.

I will be listing some parts for reasonable offers buyer pays shipping.  starting tomorrow probably

I tried to post pictures but cant figure it out .. here is the address to picasa

http://picasaweb.google.com/lifeinthewesty/NewVision#

Night Vision

after you send your pics to piccasweb or wherever.... open a pic up full size...
after it's full size..... right click on it and list the properties of the picture.

the properties dialog box will list a url address where the pic is stored... highlight and copy that address...

when you post a reply, there is a button under the I "italics" that is "insert image"
pick that button and [ img ][ /img ] will appear where you type

[ img ]paste the link to your picture between these[ /img ]

and viola!

of course this requires that you have two windows opened at the same time.... the ROV reply box in one window, and the image link page in another window...

here's a url address of one of your pictures (small, I didn't open full size)
http://lh4.ggpht.com/lifeinthewesty/SN6-MMn5aEI/AAAAAAAACFo/qtRRIzyZvLk/s128/001.JPG
and here's it is using the insert image button

the picture doesn't even have to be in your storage place.... it can be any picture/image on the web....

here's a pic of an MT-01 "borrowed" from the Argentinian Yamaha website

I've been meaning to show Tiger how to do this the last two times I've been up there..... but, keep forgetting

one tip when "copy/pasting" the url address of the image .... double left click to highlight the address to make sure you get the entire address.... t h e s e   a d d r e s s e s  c a n  b e  v e r y  l o n g 

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

tt315

Thanks for the tip.. new bike before I took it apart.

Aelwulf

Also, if the address is EXTREMELY long, you can try using the TinyURL website.  Go to www.tinyurl.com, copy the long URL into the space provided and hit the button.  It provides you with a very short, fairly random-lookin gURL the is assigned to the one you put in.  I try to use it to avoid insane links on forums but not quite in the habit yet. :P

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

h2olawyer

Great find!  Too bad it's getting parted, though.   :'(

If the shark fairing has the headlight cover glass, I'd be interested in the glass (or the whole thing if necessary) - provided it is actual glass and not plastic.  That is if you have no other plans for the fairing.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

inanecathode

Why dont we have this in the states...

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Tiger

??? Is there some good reason to part this Vision out... ???

???.......TIGER....... ???
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

tt315

I wish I could of kept it whole but I am lucky enough to keep my vision in the neighbors garage (They are older so I mow their grass).  I thought I could squeeze two in the garage but it took up too much space.  The vision also lacks a title, the guy I bought it from misplaced the title and for the price he didn't want to go through the hassle of applying for a lost title.    I don't know if those are good reasons to part it but I now have spare parts and a better understanding of how everything goes together.   

Picture of garage

Picture of spare parts

There is no glass in the fairing .. Is a shark fairing and a sport fairing the same thing?  This one has a sticker that says sport fairing.

I am posting it in the classified as well as a free frame

h2olawyer

There are two different sport fairings.  The "Shark" which you have, is the more common type and has a glass cover for the headlight.  We refer to it aas the "Shark" more as a way to differentiate it from the other, rarer sport fairing.  Both of those are different than the full fairing.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.