#9 in the house!!!

Started by Tiger, October 07, 2008, 06:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:o Yep, number nine is sitting in my garage as I key in this thread :o ::) ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

She is a : One owner, 1982, Star Silver, wee beauty... 8) with 48/49,000 Kms (30,000+ miles) on the clock.

She is not the usual "hidden away in a dark corner" neglected old girl ::) No, she came into my garage, under her own steam, with the original owner, (a ROV member) sitting proud in her saddle 8)

This Vision is a sort of joint venture between me and the original owner who acquired another '82 last year. There are a few things that need to be done to get her ready but not a lot 8) I'm going to see she gets the required attention needed to get her up to par and will find a new owner for her when she's ready... 8)

If anyone is interested, let me know... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

joevacc

Hey Tiger you must be on a mission to save every Vision on the continent.

I am defenatly going to drop a couple of V's to your place and see what you'll do!!!  ;~)

;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ;) ;) :D :D 8) 8) ::) ::)
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Tiger

Quote from: joevacc on October 07, 2008, 07:45:19 PM
Hey Tiger you must be on a mission to save every Vision on the continent.

I am defenatly going to drop a couple of V's to your place and see what you'll do!!!  ;~)

;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ;) ;) :D :D 8) 8) ::) ::)

:D :D :D :D :D :D Fix them and sell 'em Joe...I'll have the biggest ROV/Vision turn out in the world one day, eh!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

h2olawyer

And they'll all be riding "Tiger Cubs".   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

Quote from: h2olawyer on October 07, 2008, 09:47:35 PM
And they'll all be riding "Tiger Cubs".   ;D

H2O

:D :D :D Nice one Rob :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

Night Vision

hmmm... I bet I know  8) who 8) #9 came from.... lots of clues  ;) 

whatcha gonna name this one?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on October 08, 2008, 06:47:07 PM
hmmm... I bet I know 8) who 8) #9 came from....lots of clue's ;) 

whatcha gonna name this one?

8) A cub of a cannine variety, a Canis lupus cub perhaps... ;)

8).......TIGER........ 8)

Tiger

:) #9, (The Canis lupus cub), is coming along nicely but will take a week or so before she is ready for a new home... 8)

Work done so far...

New shift shaft seal.
"New" starter clutch.
Shaft and balancer nuts torqued.
New left side cover gasket.
Oil/oil filter.
New "custom" air filter.
All new vacuum/gas lines.
New gas filter.
new spark plugs/caps/wires.
New positive starter cable.
New negative (Battery to ground) cable.
New fuse holders/fuses.

She came in with a major oil leak, which turned out to be the shift shaft seal... The main shaft nut (46mm) was slack as the locking tabs were not bent over!!! All three starter clutch nuts were backed out (one was snapped!!), the heads were all worn down and devoid of threads!!!... and the starter clutch was fractured!!! The insulation on positive & negative main wires was worn through in a couple of places so off they came!!! A couple of the vacuum hoses were a wee bit suspect, so I just replaced them all...

Still a wee bit more to do but I had her up and running again tonight...sounds sweet 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

:) Here is an up-dated, up-date for you all...

Work completed...

Replace broken indicator lens.
Exchange complete front braking system for an over hauled system.
"New" (e-bay) gauge pack installed.
Lube speedo head/cable.
Drain and refill rear drive oil.
New shift shaft seal.
"New" starter clutch.
Shaft and balancer nuts torqued and lock tabs engaged!!
New left side cover gasket.
Oil/oil filter.
New "custom" air filter.
All new vacuum/gas/drain lines.
New gas filter.
New spark plugs/caps/wires.
New positive starter cable.
New negative (Battery to ground) cable.
New fuse holders/fuses, including the one in the headlight.
Adjust throttle cable.
Moved the R/R to the outside.
Replace, with new, a variety of old/rusted fasteners, (nuts/bolts/washers, etc)...as well as electrical connectors/wire/heat shrink tube, as required, etc.

I took her for a run today and she is running really strong. Feels weird running a naked Vision tho'...   

She will be back in "The Wolf's Lair" on Monday afternoon, all ready for young Lupus Jr... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Night Vision

you did the brake bar bolts ... right?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

arfa vmax

hi tiger i am sure there is something about a cat and nine lives that can be used here but i cant think of it

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on October 26, 2008, 08:54:26 AM
you did the brake bar bolts ... right?

Noooope!!! Left them for Wolf and I to do on the day of delivery ;)

"The Canis lupus cub" is now back in Wolfs lair (garage!!). I took her home on Monday afternoon, to Wolf's delight. After taking her for a wee test ride, he brought her back into his garage and with me acting as the shop foreman, I had Wolf, as my able apprentice remove the rear wheel and brake bar. Once removed, I had the apprentice strip and clean the complete back brake assembly and associated parts/areas. The brake bar was reattached using new fasteners, once the back wheel was reinstalled. Everything was completed and another test ride undertaken to make sure she was ready for Wolf Jr to eventually take home to Montreal... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)