News:

Main Menu

Suzuki problem...

Started by Tiger, November 01, 2008, 07:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonm.

Quote from: Tiger on November 13, 2008, 05:32:35 AM
:-\ I swapped # 2 & #3 plug wires around.......No change!! #3 header stone cold...

The two open ports between carbs 1 & 2...3 & 4 turned out to be vents, so I put new hoses on them.

So, plus, wires, caps, coils, points all check out...Carbs are next on the list ::)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

cold , means no gas...your float is stuck or plug fouled quickly. The intake manifold on old and new Suzis have allen bolts threaded into the manifolds. Also some have a port for the sync tool in the carb itself. The port is always on the head(not airbox) side. These are slide, not CV vacuum carbs.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Tiger

Quote from: Tiger on November 01, 2008, 07:48:17 AM

Problem:

Bike starts o.k, however, within a few second's the #3 cylinder, (going from left to right), header pipe is cold/bike splutters/spark plug loads up with gas and obviously starts firing raw gas out of the exhaust :o ::)

...There is raw gas coming out of the exhausts. I have black puddles on the garage floor where the gas/carbon mix pukes out of the pre-drilled holes in the header pipe's just were they enter the mufflers as well as in the exhaust vapor, on the garage wall!!!

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

jasonm.

if gas is coming out unburned...it's either floats and seat issue or fuel not burning. Most likely the first issue.  But you have to do a float seat test to be sure they are at the proper level. Do the carbs have a drain on them. If not this will be difficult.  I do have the float height spec....it's 26mm  +/- 1mm. This is done with the carb upside down. Measured from the area the bowl gasket sits to the highest part of the float.  to check the needle and seat...could be a messy job if they are bad.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Kenny

I have seen a bike with the same symptoms- the bottom line in this case was: the jets had been swapped by mistake on assembly ??  :D  Are the jets if they are interchangeable ie are they installed in the correct position?
                                    Cheers Ken S.( Was on the road/air again - ybg Memphis -Naval Station (TX)-Phoenix(o/n)-Yuma-Cold Lake-Trenton. Any Vision owners I should have seen?) :D
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92