News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Running right at last

Started by pullshocks, November 02, 2008, 08:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullshocks

Today I insultated the frayed sensor wires, cleaned every connection and fuse I could find, replaced the spark plugs,  wires, and caps, turned the backwards fuel filter around...after all the frustration I've been through with this over the last 5 months, I was almost aftraid to turn the key, but I'll be darned if it didn't start right up and idle rock steady. 

Must have finally "put enought good back in"

Can't wait to see what it's like when I sync the carbs, adjust the mixture and put the YICS box back on.

So it wasn't the carbs, it wasn't the TCI, wasn't vacuum leaks

Too bad the rainy season is here, but at least it'll be ready for next year.

Aelwulf

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

h2olawyer

Cool, man - real cool.   8)

Gotta love that feeling of accomplishment!

Was it the frayed sensor wires, then?

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

:) Ahhh, that feeling of accomplishment instead of frustration, we all know that well...8)

Well done mate...

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

YellowJacket!

Its a great feeling to beat the Vision gremlins into submission and win a protracted battle against them.  ;D  Keeping them under control is a lot easier for the most part.  Riding the Vision makes all the effort worth it in the end.

Congratulations on a job well done and enjoy the riding experience.  Too bad the rainy season is upon you.  Hopefully you will have a couple sunny days to enjoy.

I remember very well the first time I hit the start button on YJ and the sound of my engine coming to life after sitting idle for 12 years.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

fiat-doctor

Rick G

When I lived in MN. a friend turned up a'68 CB160 Honda and gave it to me. It had sat from 1972 to  1998, 26 years !  It had been put away properly , the tank and carbs had been drained and the battery thrown away.  I put a quart of gas in it and hooked the battery charger to it and  jumpered the ignition , having no key. I pulled the choke on and kicked it . It started on the first kick !!!!! :o :o :o :o :o after sitting idle in heated storage , for 26 years ::) ::) ::) ::) ::). It was not only satisfying but surprising.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

67GTO

My 67 CB160 sat for 5-10 years. It was not put away correctly, gas in the tank smelled like old varnish. I cleaned
out the tank,and float bowls and put a new battery in it and it fired right up. :)
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

pullshocks

We had a dry day yesterday, and a road test confirms it is running right.  What a pleasure.  I might be imagining this but it even sounds better.