News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

YelowJacket! is a Custom Bagger Now. Upgrade COMPLETED! New Pics

Started by YellowJacket!, November 07, 2008, 08:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

Quote from: jasonm. on November 19, 2008, 07:21:46 PM
Quote from: YellowJacket! on November 17, 2008, 06:58:17 PM
Quote from: jasonm. on November 17, 2008, 06:19:15 PM
the fact that the frame mounting brackets were there is a massive +....
Where do I get those "shorty stalks" for the turn signals?

"kevin" makes them every so often.  PM him and see if he has a set or plans to make any.  We had an "auction" for some a while back here on the site.

David
Kevin...does he have a different screen name?

Nope, here he is... http://ridersofvision.net/forum/zindex.php?action=profile;u=597

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Kevin

YellowJacket!

UGH!  Got  a call from a Yamaha dealer in Ohio today - the one that listed the bags on ebay.  I had bid on the black bags and lost and talked to him and ended up making a deal on the silver bags and getting them.  Well, when the bags arrived, they were the black ones so I just thought he had another set of black ones and sent them - since I had told him I really had wanted the black ones.
Well, he had mistakenly sent the silver ones to the other guy and the black ones to me and the other guy is apparently pissed - moreso than me.  I told him that YJ was happily tucked in for winter storage along with his nice new bags but he really wanted them back.
Since I don't have the box anymore, I told him to send me the silver ones along with a return label and I would regretfully ship the black ones back - I guess it is the right thing to do.  Now I just have to save up to paint them black.

It was nice while it lasted.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

joevacc

;) didn't you have to drill them to get them to work??   ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

YellowJacket!

nope, I got the brackets seperately.  Only had to do slight mods to the brackets.  I'm lucky that I didn't modify the bags...yet.  I was gonna drill just below the indentations for the signals and add some illuminated marker/brake lights but didn't have the time to yet due to final exams coming up.  I almost told him that I did, but alas, that would probably have awoken the grandady of all MC gremlins and come back to haunt me.

I'll probably ride with them silver for a while and then just paint them.  May trade my neighbor a decent computer for another Class A paint job.

Now, the choice comes up...yellow (pollen bags) or black (cool)??

David

Night Vision

;) Joe was trying to give you an out ;)

good to know there are still honest peeps in this crazy world... a toast to you
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Shop Rat

Quote from: YellowJacket! on November 25, 2008, 04:27:07 PM
nope, I got the brackets seperately.  Only had to do slight mods to the brackets.  I'm lucky that I didn't modify the bags...yet.  I was gonna drill just below the indentations for the signals and add some illuminated marker/brake lights but didn't have the time to yet due to final exams coming up.  I almost told him that I did, but alas, that would probably have awoken the grandady of all MC gremlins and come back to haunt me.

I'll probably ride with them silver for a while and then just paint them.  May trade my neighbor a decent computer for another Class A paint job.

Now, the choice comes up...yellow (pollen bags) or black (cool)??

David

How about the inner halves yellow, and leave outer halves silver?

fc
frankcalandra49@gmail.com
'82 XZ550
'83 CB1100F

YellowJacket!

hmmm.  may have to try photoshop on that and see how it looks.  too bad I just couldn't photoshop the bags and that would be it....

If the silver ones aren't as perfect as the black ones...and they are supposed to be...I'm keeping the black ones.  Darn, I should have gone and mounted the lights, then I would have had drilled the holes in them.

David

kiawrench

dave ,
  i hearby offer to assist in paint fund ,, send me pm with price on the nelson bags ,, if i can swing it , will get those and use as moveable storage , bike to bike . da other Dave , lol .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

YellowJacket!

oops...too late.  67gto contributed first and got the nelson bags.

David

67GTO

" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

kiawrench

okie- dokie ,,,,   oh,, btw ,,, those bags do look better than the ones i had ,that you now have as trade -ups ----

may offer the black bike up soon,,  starting to hurt a lot when i ride, esp neck and shoulders
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

YellowJacket!

Well the silver bags arrived today along with a return shipping label to send them back to the seller so he can forward them to the rightful owner.  I must say though that although they are not black, the silver looks really nice!  I'm sorry H2O, but they would really really look good on your bike.  ;)  They are just too nice to paint....yet, at least.  They arrived once again in the original OEM plastic bag and wrap with the labels on them so they too are "new".

As soon as I get done with exams and writing my final paper, I'll take some more pics and post them.

Its gonna hurt a little to box up the black ones and send them back...maybe I can "accidentally" send back the silver ones.   ::)   :o

Anyway...more to come after exams are done...

David

67GTO

I was just looking at the pictures you posted with the black bags. I think silver might not look too bad, it ties in with the silver
swing arm and engine. Do they have any pin striping on them like the black ones did? Not to be too picky but the orange pin
striping did not really look right on them(did not tie into anything else on the bike)
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

h2olawyer

If I was doing any long distance touring or commuting with mine, I'd probably want some hard bags.  They are quite handy for some things.  However, for my weekend getaways and pleasure riding, I'll stick with the soft luggage.  I bought the set I have within a week of when I bought the V back in 84.  Had to ride from Steamboat to the Yamaha dealer in Breckenridge to get them.  The owner of that dealership had them on his Turbo Seca.  He offered to sell the bike to me as well.  Wish I'd had the $$ then, but I'd just gone into debt to buy the V.   :'(

The silver bags would look good on your bike too, Davis but they will look better black.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: 67GTO on December 09, 2008, 10:12:52 PM
I was just looking at the pictures you posted with the black bags. I think silver might not look too bad, it ties in with the silver
swing arm and engine. Do they have any pin striping on them like the black ones did? Not to be too picky but the orange pin
striping did not really look right on them(did not tie into anything else on the bike)

Yep...kind of like a bronze color pinstripe an d Yamamha logo.

David

Cdnlouie

Definitely the best looking bags I have seen for a Vision ;).  Good hunting and awesome integrity ;)! First time I have seen your bike (don't get out much) and had to say I love the look.  I vote black...black...black..., but then I'm very biased.  They are so worth a nice arcylic black paint job.

Cdnl

YellowJacket!

I was actually out in the garage looking at them today thinking about the black.  They look too good to paint.  They will also require quite a bit of prep to get a good - or equally as good black paint jobh on them.  The pinstripe and yamaha embelm (sticker) are clearcoated over so they will have to be sanded off.  The trim is very difficult to remove.  But, where there is a will, there is a way.  I have plenty of will, just none of the way ($$$).  :-o
Over the next couple weeks, I hope to finish modding the brackets to make them more permanent.  Not a big job but one that I have to be careful not to mess up.  Will also have to cut and mod the under seat plastic that NightVision sent me.  Its supposed to be mild and overcast tomorrow so I might roll it out of the garage and take a few updated pictures of it.

David

Cdnlouie

You know the silver will look pretty nice too  ;), definitely not worth worrying about until you have nothing left to do, lots of money hanging out of your pockets, and you really want an update.

Enjoy your new bags, they are a true find!

Night Vision

save your pennies and paint it black you devil

the plastics I sent you are black and in VG condition... it'll look rightgeous when you get around to painting the bags black
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano