Vision-eer in Northern MN?

Started by PeteXS/GS/CB/XZ, November 29, 2008, 06:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeteXS/GS/CB/XZ

I have an '82 that's about 90% restored.  I'd like some final electrical help.  Everything is manageable: wire in the turn signals, bleed front brake, test for start, and fill radiator.  But I could use a little help with the last details and a little moral support.  This is my third vintage resto and I'm getting a little tired.  Send me a PM if you're in shouting distance.  It'll be a very nice bike when complete.  Thanks.

kwells

You're probably a long way from most of our active members but definitely feel free to ask any questions you have.  If you have resto'd a couple bikes now you understand the fuel system issues with old bikes.

Good luck.

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

PeteXS/GS/CB/XZ

Well, yeah, I have had a dent pulled and filled in the tank and treated it with POR-15.  I have rebuilt the carbs except for the pilot jets, which were really stuck.  I may treat them with PB Blaster.  Otherwise, I chopped the fuse box, which had broken clips, and wired in buss fuses.  That section of the wiring harness still needs some help, which is what I was looking for.  Nobody in Duluth?  Fargo?  The Twin Cities, which, admittedly, is a little far?
I can do most things but it's nice to have somebody who has also worked on these bikes.

Rick G

When I left the Twin Cities , there were 9 Visionaries , but the only one I can name, now, is John Pierson , (Guzzi John)  his email is , piers006@tc.umn.edu.  If that address doesn't work  let me know and I'll call him and tell him to get on here.  He lives near Anoka . 
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

dcsob

So you need moral support??? I can offer support, not sure how moral it will be.
Besides,  if all you have left to do is what you listed in your post you should be jumpin' fer Friggin joy.
The twin cities area has I think 3 for sure who are visionaries, with a smattering of non member 'V's' running around. Were here, just waiting for a warm day to spin her up. Now I have an excuse to blast up 35 WOT.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter accusations'

couchflyer

1982 Yamaha Vision ~ 1 Black & 1 Red
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S
2008 Ducati 1098 ~ Track only
Sola Scriptura

PeteXS/GS/CB/XZ

Generally, it's anything above Lake Mille Lacs.  I'm in Grand Rapids, three hours above the Twin Cities.

couchflyer

Oh, I thought you meant really northern Minnesota like Orr, or Warroad. 
1982 Yamaha Vision ~ 1 Black & 1 Red
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S
2008 Ducati 1098 ~ Track only
Sola Scriptura

PeteXS/GS/CB/XZ

Well, if that's not the end of the earth, you can see it from there ::)