News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Far Sighted Vision (still look'in good)

Started by Leather, December 01, 2008, 08:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leather

Hey guys.......

Have finally sold every scrap I have (I think) of these bikes I had...... although I still have a '83 complete fairing mount that I could not sell on ebay for $10 which pretty much blew my mind because they must be impossible to find.

www.oceannear.com/EBaySales/visionfairingmount/_web.html

Anybody wants it pay me postage (about$10)  it yours.... goes in the trash thursday 1/4/2008

I sold some muffler pieces to a rider who sent me these photos....

WOW !

Reminds me how timeless this bike was....

Wow.  That is one spectacular looking bike!

I always felt the Vision styling held its own.  I bet there are guys in the parking lot of the bar .. today...   that wonder .... "what the F*ck is THAT??!?!?"

Below is pictures of my bike before I sold it at 900 miles.   Came from the dealer with the luggage bar!  Few mods were:

- high performance fork spring
- volt meter / clock / lights in dash
- built in battery trickle charger
- black engine paint
- mod'ed heat vents
- replaced fuse box
- hardwired RR box

Last Picture it with a friends NEW BMW..........  tell me the Vision looks like an 'old' bike.

That thing kicked ass ......  wish I had used it more. Only dropped it once (guy did illegal u-turn in front of me & wife.... totalled front fork... no major injuries)

Cheers,  Leather
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way.

YellowJacket!

Hey Leather.  Good to see you still hanging around.  A couple years ago I would have jumped on that fairing frame.  It was one reason the YJ never went full fairing.  I just couldn't find all the hardware.

Anyway, heres another "nice" Vision (shameless plug) to add to your photo memory collection.  ;D

All the best to you and fly safe!

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Tiger

8) Leathers, I'll take you up on the offer... 8)

PM'd you my info'.

Let me know what I owe you and how you want paying... :-\

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Leather

Tiger -  Oh man.... sorry dude.  I forgot to tell wife this plan and she tossed with garbage this morning. Ha. I'm laughing on the outside but crying on the inside.  As they used to say on Get Smart...... "missed it by ThAt much...."

My PM back to was returned undeliverable at cout***wig@yahoo.com.  Maybe something I screwed up.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way.

Night Vision

Quote from: Leather on December 02, 2008, 12:57:22 PM

My PM back to was returned undeliverable at cout***wig@yahoo.com.  Maybe something I screwed up.

yeah, that email from that "cout...yahoo" guy had me goining a bit.... it's the old "no reply email from Riders of Vision" telling you
you have a pm.... but it does say.... IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this
email.
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano